PDA

View Full Version : CHILDMINDING GROUP FALLING APART

sarah32
24-01-2008, 01:49 PM
Just been to my childminding group and it looks like most of us (not me) are going to stop going.:(

It all started last week, one of the girls turned up and was screamed at by the lady that runs group before we use the room. She said we had left the room last week in a mess, toys were left out and not put away in the boxes, the carpet was a mess and there was playdough everywhere. There is other groups that use this room and when we turned up the carpet was already in a mess.

We couldnt understand this as 10 mins before we due to leave we put all the toys back into the boxes and we never even had the playdough out as alot of the kids are quite young.

From there its gone downhill with this lady now saying we cant use any of the toys in the room now and shes partioned everything off including the home corner with the cookers and so on.

The school thankfully got some toys together for us for today but the kids were getting bored and they love to play with the cooking stuff.

so now the ladies dont feel like meeting up everyweek now. I feel a bit upset as its my only day I meet up with other adults and have a conversation.

Hopefully it can be resolved. We are having a childrens centre built but wont be ready till april onwards.

I dont understand what this ladies problem is, when we left last week the room was spotless.

Well, theres my moan for today

Sarah

ajs
24-01-2008, 01:52 PM
can you find another venue
we had similar problems so relocated to a church hall

sarah707
24-01-2008, 01:55 PM
I know exactly what you mean about talking to other adults Sarah - it can be a pretty lonely job if you don't have somewhere to go and talking to people on the bus just gets you funny looks!

Can you get some phone numbers together before you all leave so you can keep in touch and maybe investigate the local play pub... some of those do really good toddler sessions that don't cost lots... a few of you could go together maybe?? Or at least meet up for lunch a few times?

Oh it's not that long til April... hang on in there! I'm waiting for my group to be re-opened - been shut for refurb since before the summer... it's really been hard! :D

sarah32
24-01-2008, 01:56 PM
I think the rents been paid. I think its now with the committee to see if it can be resolved. The group has just started getting bigger and now a couple of girls said they are not coming anymore.

I do think they are quitting a bit too early.

Twinkles
24-01-2008, 01:57 PM
Could you just meet up at an already established toddler group until April? It would be a shame not to see your friends - we need adult company in this job. I know that some toddler groups can be dissaproving of childminders but you could go along and prove to them how good their local minders are.

Sarsar3NCH
24-01-2008, 02:05 PM
I couldn't survive without my childminding friends it keeps me sane and is great for the kids too. We have just been told that funding (borough of Poole)for the hall where we meet each week is likely to be pulled from April as some of the children's centres are now up and running. Problem is that the CCs are in pre-existing buildings that do not have very big rooms and the toilets are all 'down the hall' and outside space is 'daown the hall' etc so we don't feel it is going to benefit the children as much (we currently have a huge hall with attached kitchen and toilets directly off main room).

Disappointing really but we cannot afford to fund it ourselves.

Hope your group stays together xx

Sarah

miffy
24-01-2008, 02:40 PM
Is the woman you're having trouble with the manager or something.

If she is on the premises then surely you could let her check that everything is as you found it before you leave.

It's a shame if one person manages to spoil it for your group

Perhaps if you can get it sorted then those members who said they weren't coming again will come back

Good luck

Miffy xx

Rubybubbles
24-01-2008, 02:41 PM
I know exactly what you mean about talking to other adults Sarah - it can be a pretty lonely job if you don't have somewhere to go and talking to people on the bus just gets you funny looks!

Can you get some phone numbers together before you all leave so you can keep in touch and maybe investigate the local play pub... some of those do really good toddler sessions that don't cost lots... a few of you could go together maybe?? Or at least meet up for lunch a few times?

Oh it's not that long til April... hang on in there! I'm waiting for my group to be re-opened - been shut for refurb since before the summer... it's really been hard! :D

haha like the sound of a play pub, but probaly not why I was thinking;)

deeb66
24-01-2008, 02:45 PM
haha like the sound of a play pub, but probaly not why I was thinking;)

:laughing: :laughing:

I was thinking the same thing!

sarah32
24-01-2008, 02:45 PM
The lady runs the breakfast club, but shes the one who owns the toys in the room, she got a grant for them so Ive been told.

But when we took on this place she agreed we could use the toys.

Its now got to the stage that shes not allowed to talk to any of us. She was told off as she should of gone through the school with any problems that she had with us.

deeb66
24-01-2008, 02:49 PM
The lady runs the breakfast club, but shes the one who owns the toys in the room, she got a grant for them so Ive been told.

But when we took on this place she agreed we could use the toys.

Its now got to the stage that shes not allowed to talk to any of us. She was told off as she should of gone through the school with any problems that she had with us.

I agree she should have done!!!....if she had a problem with your group she should have taken it through the correct channels.......sounds to be that she is full of self importance!

Don't give her the satisfaction of giving the venue up....get the school to mediate if you need any further help.

miffy
24-01-2008, 02:49 PM
That sounds hopeful then - at least her side of the story is not being taken as the truth.

The toys will be the school's property surely not hers?

Good luck with getting it sorted

Miffy xx

sarah32
24-01-2008, 03:35 PM
the toys are hers, i couldnt believe it either. The school has been great, went round and collected some toys for us and are sorting out some more but the problem is most of them are baby toys and some of the older ones got a bit bored today which is also why a couple of the childminders said they are not coming again.

We really dont know where this came from, we think she took it out on us because her club isnt doing well and she thought she was going to be included in the new childrens centre when it opens.

We'll have to see who turns up next week. It will be a shame as I like the girls.

I dont think theres anywhere we could go as a few do walk to it. I dont know of a toddler group nearby and I have had some bad experiences of ones I went to when mine were little. That why this group has been good, everyone is so friendly.

angeldelight
24-01-2008, 04:16 PM
Just catching up

Good luck with this

Angel xx

emmadines
26-01-2008, 12:06 PM
what about if ppl meet at each others homes (one week at urs, one wekk at anothers etc)

just dont invit that moany thing that sounds like she couldnt get her facts right in the 1st place.

Kelly
26-01-2008, 05:32 PM
Our childminding group recently had similar problems, but because the place we meet at each week has recently had a change of staff and they are not so accommodating towards young children. We also have a new childrens centre being built which is due to be completed in June and as they have already appointed a manager I approached her and explained the situation. She has been fantastic and sourced us a room to use until the centre is ready and as she has already got some resources she has made them available to us to use. We realise how lucky we are, maybe you could find out if you have already got a manager who may be able to help your group.

Good Luck

Mollymop
26-01-2008, 06:54 PM
Good luck I hope it gets sorted out. What kind of woman i she to tell you lot off like that? I am glad that she is not allowed to tell you all what to do anymore. If I were you I would get togther with my friends and see about looking for somewhere else, or do something else together like a trip to the seaside (if you have one) or to the park to feed the ducks, or take it in turns to go around each others house once a week.

Good luck XX

sarah32
26-01-2008, 07:07 PM
Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

I dont think we would want each other to go round our houses. there is just too many kids and Id be a bit worried if they all came to my house.:panic:

Im hoping with her having to stay out of our way things wont be bad on thursday. I'll let you know.