PDA

View Full Version : Deciding on various charges

Clever Clogs
24-01-2008, 10:57 AM
Hi all

I am nearly at the end of my registration process (I think) and would be interested in finding out what others do about the following:-

Do you charge for breakfast and dinner? If so how much? (i'm presuming the hourly charge also includes lunches?)

What do you do in the case of holidays? I have heard of charging the oarents full pay when they are on hol and no pay when I'm on holiday or charging 1/2 pay when either are on hol?

Are childcare vouchers a feasible way to be paid?

Probably got lots of other queries but will go and introduce myself first.

Thanks in advance

Tracey

Rubybubbles
24-01-2008, 10:58 AM
If you look around this topic is has recently been discused in some depth, will try find the link for you xx

angeldelight
24-01-2008, 11:27 AM
Every one is different

We all do things to suit our own business

Like Emma said there is a lot of information about this subject you just need to take the time to have a good look around

The childminding fees in my area are not that high
So I charge a £1 per meal it bumps up my fees

Some minders include meals in their price

You have to find what the best option is for YOU

I get paid by vouchers and never had a problem
Most parents pay cash / cheque though

I do not get paid if I have a holiday
Parents pay full fees if they are away

Have a look around you will find heaps of information

Angel xx

Banana
24-01-2008, 11:31 AM
Hi Tracey, welcome!

I charge £3.50 an hour - meals, drinks, snacks inlcuded. As well as playgroups and local outings.

Holidays - full fee for their holiday, no charge for mine

I am paid through a voucher scheme for one of my mindees and its fine! No problems so far and I like having the money paid directly to my account!

xx

Clever Clogs
26-01-2008, 08:43 AM
Hi there

Thanks for your replies. i'll have a look through for the other thread. Have someone who is interested so would like to get all my prices etc done now so I can let her know.

Thanks
Tracey