PDA

View Full Version : so confused with OU

jackandjill
09-12-2008, 05:17 PM
Im thinking about doing the certificate in early years with the OU, I contacted them via email asking what qualifcations i would need to be able to do the course andmy question wasn't really answered.
I have an NVQ level 2 in childcare already.
Do any of you lovely peaple have any idea what i would need.

Thanks jackandjill

sarah707
09-12-2008, 05:59 PM
E123 is 'on the job training'... you just need to be working with children for so many hours a week.

Having finished it, I don't think you would find it easy without an English GCSE tbh... do-able but not easy.

You then go on to do E124 which is harder (well I thought so any way)

The 2 together give you the level 4 qualification.

hth :D

brillminder
09-12-2008, 07:49 PM
ring and have a chat , if you know anyone whos done it and close ask to have a peep at there's so you know what your letting your self in for :)

Allie
20-12-2008, 01:45 PM
I have just finished the Certificate in Early Years Practice, I did the two parts E123 and E124 seperately which I believe will not be offered to new applicants anymore (only to those people finishing the cert)

Even doing it seperately I found it a big step up from the NVQ3, for me there was not enough support for the E123 the tutor I had for E124 was much better, but I still prefer going to a college each week.

Tatia
21-12-2008, 08:58 AM
I think it has now been pointed out that E123 and E124 have been combined into one course (E100). This means you would need to study a 60 point course (rather than breaking it up into two 30 point courses). 60 points is a big committment and there is a lot of writing (if it's going to be similar to the other 2 courses, anyway).

I've looked at the webpage for E100 ( http://www3.open.ac.uk/courses/bin/p12.dll?C01E100) and there's not a ton of info. You can't register online anyway so you are better off ringing to speak to an advisor on 0845 300 60 90.

Good luck with whatever you decide!:)

childmind04
30-12-2008, 10:35 AM
I done both together and found it ok at first but it then got a bit tough for the last tma's as they were bigger and needed to be in about 2 weeks apart, so maybe doing them with the new ou course that might now be avoided, i had previously done my CCP fast track (12 month) :) and my nmca quality first which i think were a good base to help me look at my practice :)

I dont actually have any other formal school grades as i hated school through being bullied and never sat an exam :( but could have done ok if i had not had the problems i had:rolleyes: