PDA

View Full Version : baby friendly paints

michellethegooner
05-12-2008, 11:50 PM
am currently doing activities with my lo's but I have a parent who is very particular with her baby, he's 1st child and she literally does everything by baby books,he is 9 mths and I cant seem to find any paints suitable for his age, mum said she will introduce him to painting at home also when I let her know where I get the paints from, at the moment I cant seem to find any for under 2yrs.... never had this problem before, I don't want him to be the only one not doing some paints on monday any suggestions ??

angeldelight
06-12-2008, 09:15 AM
Early Learning Centre

They come in nice little bottles now

I cant see that she would have a problem with these

http://www.elc.co.uk/SearchProducts.php?filter=filter&showall=y#refreshTop

If you scroll right down to the page they are a £1 each although like I say they are in new bottles now and not like those

It is difficult I guess because most do say they are for 3 years and over

Hope she lets you use them

Angel xx

PixiePetal
06-12-2008, 09:24 AM
Even the finger paints say 18 months. :(

Never let that stop me, never had a parent question it either :)

angeldelight
06-12-2008, 09:28 AM
I have never let it stop me either

Do a risk ass - and make it clear you will be fully supervising the little one so they cant put it in their mouth or anything

Good luck

Angel xx

michellethegooner
06-12-2008, 12:45 PM
I know I thought it quite strange to, but she is a bit panicky when it comes to her lo we get on well and I will mention it to her monday, if she doesnt give permission I guess lo will just have to paint with food colouring or something and I'll have to minimise staining lol....

but will do a risk assessement I guess :panic:

angeldelight
09-12-2008, 10:36 PM
How did it go with the parent and the paint ?

Angel xx

michellethegooner
10-12-2008, 10:41 PM
I explained to them that the 'age' was only a guide, in case child eats paint etc and that I have always used paints with babies and never had any problems and that I would just let him dip finger and paint that way to begin with in case of allergies etc... she was ok with this and then the following day we made an 'angel' with hands and foot, glitter and when she came to pick him up she cried :o

glad we sorted it out wud have felt bad not including him, but I did get a permission form signed just in case as they are really fussy lovely but fussy, she put in his journal this morning 'that he has a new dummy can I please not lose it':eek: I explained that if he lobs it in the road then I will NOT go and get it and that I don't deliberatly lose his dummys I cant keep my eyes glued to him when he is in pushchair as well as others and he likes to throw his dummy all the time, so I suggested that we take it from him when we go out. well I certanly will b lol.

anyway gone off subject and thanks for the advice regarding the paints lol

acorns
10-12-2008, 11:20 PM
I explained to them that the 'age' was only a guide, in case child eats paint etc and that I have always used paints with babies and never had any problems and that I would just let him dip finger and paint that way to begin with in case of allergies etc... she was ok with this and then the following day we made an 'angel' with hands and foot, glitter and when she came to pick him up she cried :o

glad we sorted it out wud have felt bad not including him, but I did get a permission form signed just in case as they are really fussy lovely but fussy, she put in his journal this morning 'that he has a new dummy can I please not lose it':eek: I explained that if he lobs it in the road then I will NOT go and get it and that I don't deliberatly lose his dummys I cant keep my eyes glued to him when he is in pushchair as well as others and he likes to throw his dummy all the time, so I suggested that we take it from him when we go out. well I certanly will b lol.

anyway gone off subject and thanks for the advice regarding the paints lol

I have the same problem and not so subtle hints from parent about not losing dummies, so i've looked under all soafs, cots, behind cushions (amazing what else you find) and have sent all dummies home. So that should keep them quiet for a bit.

Polly2
17-12-2008, 08:56 AM
Hi I saw an activity (can't remember whether it was on the forum???) where you put blobs of paint on paper then a piece of cling film over top.

Tape it down then child can mix the colours together over the top with out actually touching the paint.

Just an idea.

nikkia77
05-11-2009, 06:43 PM
you can make baby friendly paint with flour, water & food colouring & it doesn't matter if they eat it, you can also make glue from just flour & water, great thing is you can make it as thick or runny as you like, it's really cheap & you can get special flour for people with allergies like gluten intolerance x

nikkia77
05-11-2009, 06:47 PM
just in case you think i'm off my tree:blush:

http://babyparenting.about.com/cs/activities/a/paintrecipes.htm

http://www.loveyourbaby.com/homemade-paint.html