PDA

View Full Version : Help! Panic! Pre-reg on tuesday

cigaro
05-12-2008, 02:04 PM
:panic: Ok I have a couple of questions

All my policies are edited versions of the ones on Bromley website, is she going to tell me off for copying them from the internet? I really don't think I could write my own that sound as good as those ones :S

Will the inspector look through every drawer in my house, under beds, behind cupboards, etc? I am obviously cleaning my house thoroughly before inspecton but still paranoid :S

What are the most important things I need to think about before inspection?

Help!

sarah707
05-12-2008, 02:16 PM
so long as your poliices reflect what you would do... not what someone else would do, then they will be fine.

Don't panic about every drawer... she will look at safety and security, it needs to be clean but not anally tidy or how would you manage with a house full of children...? Good excuse for a clear out though I suppose!

Most important things... best left to someone who has had one recently :D

Annie_T
05-12-2008, 04:15 PM
dont panic hun, not everything has to be in place as its only a inspection see if your suitable and the house does not contain drugs and other dangerous items and not falling to pieces.

he/she will want look in all rooms, cupboards, gardens.

Also what toys etc you have ..and what you will get

he/she will also want to see safety - cupboard locks, gate bolt/paddlock, stair gate, and so on ... tho these dont have to be in place ... long you have an action plan of what you got to do its ok.

all i can think of hun hope it helps x

LOOPYLISA
05-12-2008, 05:05 PM
Don.t panic my inspector only popped her head round the upstairs rooms, she was lovely, good luck x :thumbsup:

marian
05-12-2008, 05:07 PM
Don't worry to much - as has already been said they are there to help and guide you:)
Marian x

Bex1
05-12-2008, 08:26 PM
Hello
No she wont go through your drawers, cupboards etc. My Inspector however did look around the whole of my house so I am relieved I cleaned everywhere!

Dont forget to go through "preparing for your pre-reg inspection' questionnaire which you can download from Ofsted website.

As for policies the only ones my inspector looked at was sickness policy, safeguarding children, behaviour management and risk assessment.

Finally, dont panic, I know that is hard but relax as it is not as bad as what you think.

Good luck, you wont need it though, you will be fine :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Peppa
05-12-2008, 08:42 PM
Hello
No she wont go through your drawers, cupboards etc. My Inspector however did look around the whole of my house so I am relieved I cleaned everywhere!

Dont forget to go through "preparing for your pre-reg inspection' questionnaire which you can download from Ofsted website.

As for policies the only ones my inspector looked at was sickness policy, safeguarding children, behaviour management and risk assessment.

Finally, dont panic, I know that is hard but relax as it is not as bad as what you think.

Good luck, you wont need it though, you will be fine :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The first thing the inspector said to me was....Put the kettle on!

Bex is right. All will be well!

Good luck

mummyof3
07-12-2008, 10:32 AM
[QUOTE=Bex1;285144]Hello

Hiya I can't find this can someone please post a link?? Thanks

Bex1
07-12-2008, 07:50 PM
try this
http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/Ofsted-home/Forms-and-guidance/Browse-all-by/Other/General/Early-Years-Register-preparing-for-your-registration-visit

mummyof3
07-12-2008, 09:43 PM
Thanks so much I better get reading!! :D

angeldelight
08-12-2008, 07:21 AM
Good advice from everyone

Just wanted to say good luck

Angel xx

cigaro
08-12-2008, 10:04 AM
OMG I just read the questionnaire and if I was scared before I am now absolutely terrified! I was worrying about how clean my house is and now I'm worrying about the billions of questions Im gonna get asked!

LeanneC
08-12-2008, 02:07 PM
Good luck hun! Promise you'll be like me after it.... :jump for joy: :jump for joy: :jump for joy:

One thing I would say is read the preparing for your inspection booklet from ofsted. It's a great help, and get familiar with the legal requirements and have safe guarding children policy and complaints procedure and log in place. thats what the lady who did my inspection said.

Good luck, you wont need it though...at least you will be able to realx and a REALLY enjoy Christmas afterwards. xx :thumbsup:

cigaro
09-12-2008, 03:02 PM
All finished! It was nerve racking and I fluffed up a little bit by leaving a silly thing in the one of the policies I adapted from bromley, that happened at the beginning and I thought it was all going down hill from there my heart sank LOL but thankfully it got better and better and Im very glad I stayed up half the night filling in that great big questionnaire you linked , because they asked me the exact questions and even said I could look at my laptop for notes!
I have 2 kids and I had to leave the room with 1 of them a few times and left the other in there, didnt know if that would be ok but she seemed fine about it and I would have felt silly taking carrying both kids with me each time.

THen she looked around my house really quick, said it was all great, I didnt want to register mygarden or main bedroom so she didnt even look in there. She said she loved the fact that I included the xmas tree on my risk assessment that most ppl didnt consider that, a tip I got from here so thankyou!

I got 1 action which was to screw my fireguard to the wall which I have ben trying to do but getting nowhere lol as long as thats done then I can be registered as soon as my CRB is through

Thankyou everyone and you were totally right its not half as bad as I imagined tho eithout you I would have been screwed!

Bex1
09-12-2008, 03:26 PM
yey, glad to hear it all went well. Now you can sit down and relax.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

brightstar
09-12-2008, 03:51 PM
Great News. I was so uptight about my inspection, my Cavalier King Charles Spaniel picked up on the vibes and growled at the inspector. I thought that would be it, but she didn't seem to notice. It just goes to show Inspectors are human too.

Sue

devoncm
09-12-2008, 04:17 PM
well done:)

Peppa
10-12-2008, 11:13 AM
Well done you!!!!!!!:D