PDA

View Full Version : Children come First network

andiehanratty
05-12-2008, 01:30 PM
Hi,
I was hoping that someone could shed some light on the every child matters network what is it all about and what is involved in becoming part of the network?
It was suggested to me that i do it because it will enable me to claim nursery vouchers for my 3+ to reduce parents bills.
Has anyone completed this and what was invloved I would be gratefull for any information.

Many thanks

andiehanratty
05-12-2008, 01:36 PM
sorry it is not every child matters it is children come first!! no wonder i am so confused but same question anyway thank you girls.

sarah707
05-12-2008, 02:24 PM
Children come first is something organised by the Ncma.

You can contact them for more information here -

http://www.ncmaccf.org.uk/Templates/Feedback.asp?NodeId=89828

I changed your title for you! I am sure other people are in the networks and will have more info than me :D

manjay
05-12-2008, 02:33 PM
I have just been accepted to join our local network. Places on ours are limited and I have been waiting for ages. I think it depends on each individual network as to how beneficial it will be. You will hear some are good and some are not. I personally want to go down the rout of accessing all the additional training that is on offer in order for me to be accredited to deliver early years education.
There are 10 standards you have to prove you meet and you get regular inspections from your network coordinator. Haven't checked out Sarah's link but it probably tells you everything you need to know

Gherkin
05-12-2008, 04:40 PM
I too haVE JUST GOT ON TO MY LOCAL NETWORK. (oops - sorry knocked caps)

Had to put together my evidence for how I meet the standards, the file was then sent to panel to be accepted. Next i had to complete a 30 document asking questions like "what is abuse....", How are you inclusive in your setting". Then my network co-ordinator wrote a report on me. This also involved regualr visits.

I am now commencing my accreditation so that I can access the funding for my own daughter and for mindees. But as part of our network if I had a parent who received the 2 yo funding I could access that for them.

Hoep that makes it a little clearer.

Heaven Scent
05-12-2008, 05:54 PM
I don't think that even if you were to jump through burning hoops backwards in this county you would ever get a chance of being accredited (have I spelt that correctly - it looks wrong). I spoke to our network co-ordinator and she said its not always the right thing for childminders - I have a level 4 qualification in Early years and I have taught children in a variety of settings for years so I don't see why it wouldn't be right for me and lots of others like me who have the qualifications and experience.

andiehanratty
07-12-2008, 07:40 PM
I didn't realise once you were accerdited you could claim for you own children too!! Has anyone else done this?

andiehanratty
07-12-2008, 07:42 PM
Celeste I would go through ncma and find out more sometimes networks are full or have a maximum number keep pushing i think it has to be worth it why shouldnt we get nursey grants we have to provide care to the same standards!!

miss mopple
07-12-2008, 07:50 PM
I've been a network minder for 4 years now and its been a really positive thing for me :thumbsup:

I don't draw down the grant, I am a community childminder (so willing to accept SS placements).

The process to join wasnt too bad. A thorough risk assessment and interview where I was graded on my answers. You had to score so many points to be allowed on.

I've accessed loads of additional training and met lots of other minders through it. I also think its been a huge selling point for potential new clients as they are reassured that I am quality controlled :D

Good luck with it if you decide to go ahead :thumbsup:

don the duck
07-12-2008, 09:41 PM
i was looking in to it..... what would u reccommendations for a new childminder, how long would u wait