PDA

View Full Version : OUR CHRISTMAS WREATH

angeldelight
01-12-2008, 08:43 AM
The children made these last week

All their own work - well you can tell if you look at the pointed fingers hahaha

Great fun and the kids enjoyed making them they have made one to take home also

yvonne
01-12-2008, 08:49 AM
[QUOTE=angeldelight;282059]The children made these last week

All their own work - well you can tell if you look at the pointed fingers hahaha

Great fun and the kids enjoyed making them they have made one to take home also[/QU

HI Angeldelight wow the kids wreath looks really good. I bet they enjoyed doing it. Well thats them all hyper now, its official its December, and the count down is on :jump for joy: :jump for joy:

Polly2
01-12-2008, 08:54 AM
Looks great Angel!

devoncm
01-12-2008, 08:59 AM
They look really great- might have to do them this week:thumbsup:

balloon
01-12-2008, 09:02 AM
They look fab!

Am wishing we had more older children and could do the same

Mrs.L.C
01-12-2008, 09:04 AM
What a great idea. Iv a list of xmas craft activities esp for the after schoolers.....I might have to add this in.

Well done. They look fab

angeldelight
01-12-2008, 09:05 AM
They look fab!

Am wishing we had more older children and could do the same

Two x 2 year olds did these

Then the 8 year old added some bigger hands for round the middle

We would have been fine with out him though and I would have still done them with the younger ones

How old are yours ?

Angel xx

emler
01-12-2008, 09:39 AM
Oh that looks great. I think I will do these with my 2 and 3 year old mindees this week.

Blaze
01-12-2008, 09:51 AM
I did this last year...I also laminated all the shapes & recut them out (to weatherproof it) & then put it together....put it on the front door.....& somebody nicked it!:eek:

flora
01-12-2008, 10:08 AM
I did this last year...I also laminated all the shapes & recut them out (to weatherproof it) & then put it together....put it on the front door.....& somebody nicked it!:eek:

You're kidding :eek: what ratbags :mad:

Thanks for the pics Angel I may have to "borrow" this idea for my monsters :clapping:

Monkey1
01-12-2008, 10:14 AM
Lovely idea Angel x

sue m
01-12-2008, 10:20 AM
They are realy lovely Angel. My lo is 3 next month but he's not really into painting and doing things that take a while, I wish he was, I'll have to try and get him to do something like this even if he just does a bit at a time.

Stupid question but where do you get your paint? I live in a small town and we have a Woolworths and a new WH Smith but I never see any decent paints and other things for crafts. I wanted red tissue paper and can't get any of that anywhere round here, it's useless!

nannysue
01-12-2008, 12:57 PM
Thats really lovely, Well Done everyone :thumbsup:

Sue - ELC do very good paints and a nice choice of colours too, I also bought coloured tissue paper in Clinton Cards.:)

emler
01-12-2008, 01:33 PM
Sue - if your little mindee doesn't fancy painting you could just draw around his hand straight on to green paper. It would be quicker for him and less messy :D

Mollymop
01-12-2008, 01:42 PM
They are great angel!! I am going to do some this week"!!!!! whooo

Mollymop
01-12-2008, 01:44 PM
They are realy lovely Angel. My lo is 3 next month but he's not really into painting and doing things that take a while, I wish he was, I'll have to try and get him to do something like this even if he just does a bit at a time.

Stupid question but where do you get your paint? I live in a small town and we have a Woolworths and a new WH Smith but I never see any decent paints and other things for crafts. I wanted red tissue paper and can't get any of that anywhere round here, it's useless!

Sue , go on here and have a look. i alway use ths website, it is brilliant and I think it is cheap too!

http://www.yellowmoon.org.uk/

sarah707
01-12-2008, 01:48 PM
That is lovely Angel! Say well done to your little ones from me! :D

miffy
01-12-2008, 02:03 PM
That looks great Angel

Last year we made a huge Christmas tree using handprints - the children really enjoyed doing it

Miffy xx

patevans
01-12-2008, 02:15 PM
Last year we made a huge Christmas tree using handprints - the children really enjoyed doing it

Miffy xx

We did this too, I am hoping to do it again this year!

sue m
01-12-2008, 04:04 PM
Thanks for your suggestions everyone, Sue, Clintons is the one shop I never thought of for tissue paper!!! Emler, thank you for that wonderful idea yet it's so obvious LOL, I'm so dozy sometimes!!! Thanks Sandra for that website. Is our nearest ELC in Peterborough, I don't remember seeing one??? :D

DudleyChildmind
01-12-2008, 05:08 PM
That is lovely and well done to the children :thumbsup:

angeldelight
01-12-2008, 05:13 PM
Sue , go on here and have a look. i alway use ths website, it is brilliant and I think it is cheap too!

http://www.yellowmoon.org.uk/

ELC for the paint

Tissue paper is great from pound land

Angel xx

Tatia
01-12-2008, 05:13 PM
Angel, that's fantastic! We're doing a Christmas tree with handprints and I think I'll add the wreath, too. It's gorgeous.

Chimps Childminding
01-12-2008, 05:18 PM
The wreaths look great Angel!! well done all of you!!!! Made flowers using handprints not so long ago, so will store this in my file for next year!!:clapping:

Mags
01-12-2008, 06:06 PM
that looks lovely Angel....well done to the little ones, i bet they really enjoyed making that.

Pauline
01-12-2008, 06:47 PM
We did our tree last year on a similar idea using hand cut outs. Said I would post a pic in another thread and then forgot, thanks for the reminder :rolleyes:

Pauline
01-12-2008, 06:47 PM
oooops forgot to say, your wreaths are lovely, well done you and the children :clapping:

angeldelight
09-11-2010, 11:10 AM
Bumping this back up

Angel xx

angeldelight
02-12-2010, 12:03 PM
This is nice and easy and looks lovely when its done

Angel xx

rickysmiths
02-12-2010, 12:53 PM

What a lovely idea. What a shme it was nicked, probably the same bod who knocked the heads off all the lovely snowmen down our road. :eek:

rickysmiths
02-12-2010, 12:54 PM
Angel what a lovely idea. I think I might get my lot doing that tomorrow, lovey for their new front door.

Alibali
02-12-2010, 04:29 PM
We did this 2 years ago, and as I have 1 new lo now I think I'll just do her handprints and add them to it, if I do this each time I have a new mindee in years to come I'll have a nice bushy reminder of them all:D

juejue
02-12-2010, 05:55 PM
We have done Christmas trees with their hands. But think we will do the wreath for the older ones. they are lovely .

jane5
02-12-2010, 06:25 PM
this is great, i've done one with dd 2 years with crepe paper and feathers but I love the hand print idea. I will do this tomorow :thumbsup:

angeldelight
02-12-2011, 02:13 PM
BUMPING UP

ANGEL XX

rickysmiths
02-12-2011, 06:08 PM
We made one of the wreaths last year using the children's handprints and lots of glitter!!

karensmart4
03-12-2011, 07:05 PM
We did this last year the children and their parents loved it..... one of our local nurseries has pinched it for this year.

I think I will pinch the Christmas tree idea :thumbsup:

I love this site xx

angeldelight
29-11-2012, 06:51 PM
These are still good to do

Angel xx

hectors house
29-11-2012, 06:56 PM
That looks great Angel

Miffy xx

My mindees did smaller individual ones to take home, with a little calendar on the bottom decorated with lots and lots of glitter that hopefully is still dropping on the floor each month!

lilac_dragon
29-11-2012, 08:32 PM
The children made these last week

Great fun and the kids enjoyed making them they have made one to take home also

love it, and thanks for sharing

angeldelight
19-11-2013, 07:56 PM
bumping up

I must do this again this year

Angel xx

hectors house
19-11-2013, 08:43 PM
We used your idea last year and made a combined effort handprint wreath - looked great with different sized handprints in slightly different shades of green, they then decorated it with sticky paper for holly berries, lots of glitter etc - they then decided to look through it pretending to be lions and roar at me.

Hope the attachment works - he is a current mindee but in disguise!

Mrs Scrubbit
19-11-2013, 08:51 PM
You are full to brimming with with brilliant xmas activities -thanks again thats 3 down and a few more would be really fab, keep up the good work:laughing::laughing::laughing: When my 'boys' come home for the hols I will get them to teach me how to add links so that I might repay everyone ( I'm not very good with all this techno malarky) xx

Mrs Scrubbit
19-11-2013, 08:53 PM
We used your idea last year and made a combined effort handprint wreath - looked great with different sized handprints in slightly different shades of green, they then decorated it with sticky paper for holly berries, lots of glitter etc - they then decided to look through it pretending to be lions and roar at me.

Hope the attachment works - he is a current mindee but in disguise!

Oh how lovely is that, brilliant xxx:clapping::clapping:

hectors house
19-11-2013, 08:55 PM
You are full to brimming with with brilliant xmas activities -thanks again thats 3 down and a few more would be really fab, keep up the good work:laughing::laughing::laughing: When my 'boys' come home for the hols I will get them to teach me how to add links so that I might repay everyone ( I'm not very good with all this techno malarky) xx

I surprised myself that I managed to attach a photo of last years wreath - if you look down to blue heading "Additional options", there is a box "manage attachments" - on the right there is a box "Add files", I clicked on that and went to my photo file and clicked on the photo and it worked! :clapping: