PDA

View Full Version : Having a night mare

Trisha 13
29-11-2008, 04:30 PM
I really dont know what to do, I look after a little girl whos mum goes to college, and I get paid from CARE TO LEARN. I get paid in advance, the girl left college last month and didnt tell me I still carried on looking after her child.
I was due to get paid on wednesday as it wasnt in I rung and asked them. It turns out I now owe them £140 pound, as she left 3 weeks into the month.
I now only have a child 2 and half hrs a week, but I cant live on that, im on my own with 3 of my own children I do get tax credits. I havent any child starting. what do I do if I cant get anymore work ????? cant believe this has happened so close to christmas. I am tryin to get my notice from care 2 learn but im not getting anywhere x x x x

Hebs
29-11-2008, 06:29 PM
I really dont know what to do, I look after a little girl whos mum goes to college, and I get paid from CARE TO LEARN. I get paid in advance, the girl left college last month and didnt tell me I still carried on looking after her child.
I was due to get paid on wednesday as it wasnt in I rung and asked them. It turns out I now owe them £140 pound, as she left 3 weeks into the month.
I now only have a child 2 and half hrs a week, but I cant live on that, im on my own with 3 of my own children I do get tax credits. I havent any child starting. what do I do if I cant get anymore work ????? cant believe this has happened so close to christmas. I am tryin to get my notice from care 2 learn but im not getting anywhere x x x x

So if you had child and can prove it then it is MUM who owes the money NOT you

ring your insurance for advice

Trisha 13
29-11-2008, 06:41 PM
Thanks I will ring and check. She is a young mum on benefits, does anyone know if there is anything I claim until I can find some more children or is it just a case of waiting, the down side of being self employed x x x

Hebs
29-11-2008, 06:43 PM
I'm sure there is something you can claim

i'm not sure what tho someone who does know will reply when they see this xxx

Pauline
29-11-2008, 06:46 PM
I would refuse to pay anything back. Let them chase you for it!!

If the parent didn't tell you they had left college then it is not your fault and the payment should have been stopped sooner, not allowed to build up.

Like Hebs says it is the mum who owes the money back.

good luck with this, can you take legal advice from your insurer? NCMA or MM?

custardcream
29-11-2008, 10:18 PM
Hi, I had this happen to me a while ago and care to learn paid me the 4 weeks notice that was in the contract and the mum hadnt told me that she had finished either.

Mollymop
29-11-2008, 10:44 PM
I don;t have anything to say about it, as i have not been in this situation -all I know is it isn't your fault!
Ihope you get something sorted out soon.

Good luck xxxxxxx

Heaven Scent
30-11-2008, 12:14 PM
No Experience of this either but just wanted to wish you good luck and let us know what the legal people at your insurance company have to say on this.

Blaze
30-11-2008, 12:32 PM
Thanks I will ring and check. She is a young mum on benefits, does anyone know if there is anything I claim until I can find some more children or is it just a case of waiting, the down side of being self employed x x x

Agree... you are owed the 4 week notice period, so they still pwe you a weeks money...

If you are an ncma member check your handbook, as there is a whole section on what you can claim...even if your working part time...it's quite posible it's not as desperate as you think!:)

Blaze
30-11-2008, 12:36 PM
Agree... you are owed the 4 week notice period, so they still owe you a weeks money...you need to speak to the ncma /insurance company if they won't pay...if the mum is on benefits she may be entitled to help towards childcare costs, & it may be a case of simply claiming for it.

If you are an ncma member check your handbook, as there is a whole section on what you can claim...even if your working part time...it's quite posible it's not as desperate as you think!:)[/QUOTE]

miffy
30-11-2008, 01:08 PM
I hope you get this sorted out.

I think I would now get everything in writing from Care to Learn

Miffy xx

madasahatter
30-11-2008, 04:56 PM
Do you have a childminding coordinator (development officer or something like that?) you can contact for local advice. Our area has some form of funding available for childminders whose spaces are not filled. I believe (I know minders in my area who have successfully applied but never had to apply myself) it's worth up to £500 to tide minders over until their spaces are filled. They had to prove that they were actively looking to fill the places and various other conditions. Other than that I don't have any other information about it and I know it's probably not available nationwide.

Pauline
30-11-2008, 05:42 PM
Do you have a childminding coordinator (development officer or something like that?) you can contact for local advice. Our area has some form of funding available for childminders whose spaces are not filled. I believe (I know minders in my area who have successfully applied but never had to apply myself) it's worth up to £500 to tide minders over until their spaces are filled. They had to prove that they were actively looking to fill the places and various other conditions. Other than that I don't have any other information about it and I know it's probably not available nationwide.

We had that around here a few years ago, part of a regeneration fund. It was dependent on where you lived and ended at the end of my street! :mad:

Trisha 13
30-11-2008, 08:50 PM
Thank you so much I am ringing care 2 learn 2morow, will let u know how I get on x x x

angeldelight
01-12-2008, 09:13 AM
Thank you so much I am ringing care 2 learn 2morow, will let u know how I get on x x x

I agree with everyone else

What a cheek

Hope you get it sorted out today

Let us know

Angel xx

balloon
01-12-2008, 09:22 AM
Hope it goes well for you.

I'd definitely point out that you still had the child and that the parent had not told you she had left college and nor did the college/care to learn so how are you supposed to know.

Good luck.

Trisha 13
01-12-2008, 03:36 PM
Hi all I spoke to care 2 learn 2day and they said I do not owe them anything and the money for the 4 wks notice will be in my account by Friday. so cant wait as seeing is believing thank you all x x x

Pauline
01-12-2008, 04:45 PM
That's great news Trisha, so glad you got it sorted and didn't owe any money back! :thumbsup:

bubbly
02-12-2008, 10:04 AM
This is an awful situation for the mum to put you in. Talk about being dishonest to get free childcare! Whatever happened to decency and respect? You owe NOTHING back and don't pay 'em a penny. Tell 'em if they take it any further you'll seek legal advice. Tell 'em chase mum, the cheeky beggar, as she's the person who owes it!

bubbly
02-12-2008, 10:05 AM
Glad you got it sorted. Maybe YOU should bill THEM for the stress!

roseybev
02-12-2008, 04:22 PM
you not alone ive lost £700 A MONTH due to losing 2 parents losing there jobs just get the buisness head on get your cards up every where you can remind the school and nursery you have places now .i am on my own aswell and it frightens me when so many peoples jobs are on the line fingers crossed thinks pick up :)