PDA

View Full Version : Policies and parents

Debster
28-11-2008, 01:31 PM
As I have so many policies in my portfolio. I have decided in my welcome pack to provide a booklet about me fees ,holidays , sample menu sample of routine and activities etc and a very breif overview of my policies. I will then provide a list of my policies for parents to sign and date to confirm that they are aware of what policies are in place and that they free to view them at any time. I just did not want to bog them down with paperwork and not sure thay will look at it if supplied on disc.
Do you think this would be suffcient?
Deb

donnahay0
28-11-2008, 01:43 PM
Sounds like a top idea to me. Just make sure that they get a full copy of your policies that Ofsted say are a must. If you have made it quite clear they are available for viewing at any time then it is up to the parents. In my experience most parents are not interested anyway so when they get a copy they don't read it all - we just can't win.

Debster
29-11-2008, 01:37 PM
Thats what I thought as in the EYFS stat booklet and I was told at EYFS training childminders do not need written policies so I don't see the need to supply copies to parents.But its good practice to have them to view(I have never had a copy of any of the nursery or school policies before)Deb

madasahatter
29-11-2008, 02:22 PM
I printed mine out in a file and gave it to each set of parents in turn. They returned it with a signed list that said they had read, understood and agreed with the policies.

Annie_T
29-11-2008, 02:28 PM
im doing a list of policies i will be using in my parent pack then when time comes they sign 2 copies of the policies ..one for me and one for them to take away to keep.

Debster
30-11-2008, 12:06 AM
I printed mine out in a file and gave it to each set of parents in turn. They returned it with a signed list that said they had read, understood and agreed with the policies.#
Thats an idea
Thanks

Pedagog
01-12-2008, 08:43 PM
I have done a Parents Guide, with fees, about me,and a precis of my important policies, plus complaints and safeguarding policies in full. I have also made a large folder for parents to view and have other medias available if the would prefer.

Debster
02-12-2008, 09:54 AM
I have done a Parents Guide, with fees, about me,and a precis of my important policies, plus complaints and safeguarding policies in full. I have also made a large folder for parents to view and have other medias available if the would prefer.
Yes in my ofsted guide to registration book it says parents should have copies of safeguarding and complaints procedures. I have put a booklet together about me and my family,fees,late fess,payment of fees,holidays,illness,typical day,resources available,sample menu, safeguarding and complaints but having trouble condensing my policies have you just done a overview of the policies needed in your EYFS stat framwork and then a file in full including extra policies you have in place?