PDA

View Full Version : ARGGGGHHHH!!!!! Ofsted just phoned

Peppa
26-11-2008, 08:40 PM
Hi ofsted just phoned and me being excited she phoned and tired, agreed to have a visit this friday!!!!! :eek:

I'm not READY! I only sent off paper work last week expecting to wait 2 - 3 weeks!!!!

Ok I need to breath, finish off preparing for visit questions, risk assessments, Planning for what i need to buy and what i plan todo, not to mention EYFS!!!!

Anybody gonna be up all night and fancy joining me? :D

Wish me luck

don the duck
26-11-2008, 08:44 PM
Hi relax. Ur pre visit is more of showing and telling them what ur gonna be doing.

i had the call on the fri and ofsted came the monday. i did have most my policy in place but not all. she was happy for me to explain this.

Hebs
26-11-2008, 10:26 PM
Anybody gonna be up all night and fancy joining me? :D

ME :laughing:

Mine is tomorrow so i'll let you know how it goes :thumbsup:
let me know what info you want to know :laughing:

Annie_T
26-11-2008, 10:31 PM
your be fine hun, not everything has to be in place ... as long as you got an action plan .. example

DO'S WHERE/WHAT DONE
stair gate kitchen door, stairs tick when completed
cuterly/plates for mindees eating (only if providing food)

and soo on hun

policies can be in waiting too.. tell them your in process of doing them

as long as you have way round what needs doing your be fine

Peppa
26-11-2008, 11:38 PM
Have loads of policys printed, finished working through the question booklet, I have fully risk assessed my house, so can i show that and tick what i have completed?

Printed off blank risk assessments for car trips, walking, public transport, shops

Have wrote a rough list of toys and equipment needed like highchair, pushchair from birth, art and craft material, plates cups and cutlery, swingset slide, etc.

Printed copy of my permission form, safeguarding children bboards certificate, visitors log, wish list, ratio grid, Blank short term planning sheet, child planning sheet, and observation sheet, dietary needs sheet, allergies sheet, house rules in pictures ( yet no laminator) Parents ofsted poster i downloaded, abc diversity poster, anyting else?

i'm dreading eyfs questions,

I have a water butt in garden, lid is screwed down, will i have to remove it if they cant access it,

My house needs blitzing!

Mollymop
27-11-2008, 07:39 AM
Don't worry Donna, you will be fine!

Hebs
27-11-2008, 12:57 PM
well just had mine

she looked at my policies and was very impressed,
looked at my welcome to my setting booklet for parents and was impressed
checked safety items/wish list
checked bedrooms (as all will be registered)
looked at garden
asked questions on EYFS but put it across more understandly :laughing:

LOVED my dog who had a sniff at her then went to sleep :laughing:

it really was like speaking to an old friend too :thumbsup:

Bex1
27-11-2008, 01:21 PM
Hello
Firstly please dont panic. I had my inspection on Monday and it was fine and the Inspector never asked to see my wish list, just asked if I had one! Make sure you go through the "preparing for your pre-registration inspection' leaflet as that was really good and the Inspector looked through mine because I had answered all the questions!

You will be fine.

Let us know how it goes

marian
27-11-2008, 01:25 PM
Donna - i'm sure you will be fine - good luck!
Hebs - well done:)
Marian x

Buzz Lightyear
27-11-2008, 01:27 PM
Ooooh good luck and let us other pre-regies know how you get on. :thumbsup:

Before I get Ofsted coming, we have a pre-visit from our EY team who do a 'practice' with you to get you ready. Has anyone else had something similar?

singlewiththree
27-11-2008, 01:49 PM
Ooooh good luck and let us other pre-regies know how you get on. :thumbsup:

Before I get Ofsted coming, we have a pre-visit from our EY team who do a 'practice' with you to get you ready. Has anyone else had something similar?

I did, my local pre-inspection lady was more thorough than ofsted she told me that my bleach etc in the top cupboard wasnt enough it had to have a lock on it as well. So went and bought and fitted locks and the ofsted lady said it didnt need one as it was high up!!!

donnamcburnie - you sound VERY ready to me, honestly its not as bad as it feels at the time!

Hebs
27-11-2008, 02:36 PM
I had a pre pre reg inspection too

My inspector never asked for my booklet cos shed never seen one before lol

Peppa
27-11-2008, 04:50 PM
thank yoeveryone shall post after shes been and let you know how it goes!