PDA

View Full Version : incident form???

clairelou
26-11-2008, 10:37 AM
Hi, i am new here, i have been reading some of the chat for a little while but am in need of some support at the moment, so sorry for coming in at such a difficult time for me:(

I child i care for is in hospital with e-coli, there is no suggestion it has come from here but it has meant more paperwork for me,
I have informed ofsted and i need to fill in an incident sheet????
I have all my policies and procedures up to date and a complaints and compliments file, which i needed to do for my last inspection but i cannot find any form to record incidents on
Has anyone come across on or been in my situation?
I am not worried at the moment but need to do every thing correctly and be up to date with paperwork:littleangel:

any guidance much appreciated!!

sarah707
26-11-2008, 11:14 AM
Hello Clairelou, sorry this is happening to you.

An incident sheet can be as simple as a piece of paper with 'Incident Report' written across the top.

Make sure you record - dates and times, exactly what happened (the sequence of events), who you have told and what they said, what paernts have said, what happens later... just everything you can think of that relates to the child.

I hope the little one is ok xx

clairelou
26-11-2008, 11:27 AM
thanks Sarah, if that's acceptable i will do that.
I guess if i had the NCMA complaints book its in there but i can do without the expense

Pauline
26-11-2008, 12:25 PM
I do a simple home made form Claire and it has always been accepted at my inspections.

It can be used for such things as the incident you have and also for incidents like to restrain a child to prevent injury during a tantrum, or grab it should it run into the road etc.

Raggydolls
26-11-2008, 02:10 PM
i personally use the NCMA packs for everything and reclaim the cost on my expenses!

leanne
xx