PDA

View Full Version : Babies & BTTM

emma04
22-01-2008, 02:30 PM
Hi All

Just wondered if anyone had any ideas or could point me in the right direction,

In Feb i will be caring for a 10 month old boy and a 9 month old girl and really need some advice on activities and how to record for Ofsted inspection purposes. For example, what we have done, how it fits in to the BTTM framework and how i can further their knowledge.

I was hoping that maybe someone could help, i'm full of ideas for the 2 and up age group but these babies have stumped me:panic:

Thank you

sarah707
22-01-2008, 04:34 PM
I'll bump this up so Angel is sure to see it later... she's the birth to 3 expert... there's some of her stuff pinned at the top of the birth to 3 thread :D

samw
22-01-2008, 07:00 PM
I have been told by my DO not to worry about the Birth to three as the EYFS is coming in September, Ofsted will not be expecting us to know so much about it if we have only just registered. So Im not stressing about it too much. I would look at Angels stuff though as its really helpful!!

Sam x

angeldelight
22-01-2008, 07:11 PM
I can email you some stuff Emma if you pm your email addy

Although the EYFS is starting in September it does you no harm to learn what you can - and it does give you some ideas on what you should be doing - a lot of the activities in Birth to Three you will still actually be using in September it will just be used in a different way

Angel xx

littlestar
22-01-2008, 07:28 PM
am i erading this right you say you will have to under 1yr i was told by ofsed this isnt allowed do you need to aply for this?

miffy
22-01-2008, 09:09 PM
You need Ofsted's permission to mind two babies under one

Miffy xx

Lou
22-01-2008, 09:10 PM
Emma has a variation for this if i remember correctly.

i agree look at Angels activities xx

emma04
23-01-2008, 08:48 PM
You need Ofsted's permission to mind two babies under one

Miffy xx

Hi

Yes I have applied to Ofsted for a variation to enable me to care for 2 under one's and they granted it a few weeks ago.:)

emma04
23-01-2008, 08:58 PM
Luckily I am already pretty familiar with the foundation stage and sat down last night and developed a way of recording learning and development for the two babies and i also thought about activities and everyday learning and how i could incorporate this into either BTTM and EYFS. Just needed to do a bit less panicking and a bit more thinking!!

Sorry if a scared a few of you regarding minding two under one's!! Don't worry it's all above board. Something i am particularly careful of as i'm am very often Mrs Unlucky and would be the first to be caught out by the authorities if i were doing something wrong.:)

miffy
24-01-2008, 01:35 PM
Hi

Yes I have applied to Ofsted for a variation to enable me to care for 2 under one's and they granted it a few weeks ago.:)

Whoops i think my post didn't read quite as i meant it too - sorry

Miffy xx