PDA

View Full Version : So confused

loobyloo168
21-11-2008, 10:56 PM
Iv just got my first mindee ! Yay !! Its only for 12 hours a week and in holidays 18 hours a week. She begins on Dec 1st. So i take that as from 1st dec i start filling in my accounts forms, iv already done my start up costs, so do i now do everyhting else, like every month record my gas, electricity, rent, water etc etc ? regardless of how much im earning ? Im using morton michel.

Suppose i dont have her for a month, in that month i take it i dont claim for anything ?

I know iv probably confused you all i do apologise ! :panic:

Lou
21-11-2008, 10:58 PM
when you are minding, yes you can claim a percentage of gas etc according to how many hours you are working,

sorry i have had too much wine to be any more help lol,

i will have to reply in more depth in morning xx

loobyloo168
21-11-2008, 11:19 PM
when you are minding, yes you can claim a percentage of gas etc according to how many hours you are working,

sorry i have had too much wine to be any more help lol,

i will have to reply in more depth in morning xx

Haha, Thats so funny ! Think i have a bottle of cider in the fridge, youve tempted me !!

Cheers Lou x

sarah707
22-11-2008, 08:35 AM
You start claiming percentages of bills when you start minding the child and they depend on how many hours you work.

You can get the idea of how it works from here -

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/bimmanual/bim52751.htm

With your start-up costs, just bung them through whenever - you can expect to make a loss for the first few months work. that's perfectly acceptable to the IR.

Hope this helps :D

loobyloo168
22-11-2008, 11:18 AM
Thanx ladies