PDA

View Full Version : Please help - so confused with learning journeys!

lucytownsend
20-11-2008, 09:13 PM
Hopefully someone can help me!

I want to do a learning journey scrap book for my mindees, but Im not sure how to lay it out and what to include in it.

I have pictures and observations which I can link to EYFS but I dont know if i should put them in the 6 themes or just chronological order?

My plan was photo/picture, observation, next steps, link to EYFS on each page - is this right?

Can anyone show me an example page of a scrapbook?

Thanks!
Lucy

sarah707
20-11-2008, 10:04 PM
It's your scrap book... it's up to you how you lay it out.

There isn't a right way or a wrong way.

You could put a picture, a bit of text and links to Eyfs...

Or you could put a note about what the child has done, linked to Eyfs and next steps.

It really is up to you.

However you do it, make sure it's clear what you are showing they are achieving ...

Don't forget it's a celebration of achievement. :D

angeldelight
20-11-2008, 10:22 PM
Hopefully someone can help me!

I want to do a learning journey scrap book for my mindees, but Im not sure how to lay it out and what to include in it.

I have pictures and observations which I can link to EYFS but I dont know if i should put them in the 6 themes or just chronological order?

My plan was photo/picture, observation, next steps, link to EYFS on each page - is this right?

Can anyone show me an example page of a scrapbook?

Thanks!
Lucy

Like Sarah said its up to you

Sounds good to me though

Angel xx

miss mopple
21-11-2008, 07:07 AM
I use a file, with a section for each area of learning so I can make sure I have it all covered.

I'm sure you'll find a way to suit you.

nell57
21-11-2008, 09:29 AM
Mine has 3 sections. The 1st for obs, linking to 6 areas and next steps. The 2nd with photos, evidence of activities they have done and enjoyed, the 3rd for art work.

Like everyone says find a way that works for you and the children

Helen

FizzysFriends
21-11-2008, 08:44 PM
If you look at page 22 of our local mag it has a bit about learning journeys and a pic of a couple for idea

http://www.leics.gov.uk/partnership_plus_autumn_2008.pdf

Monkey1
21-11-2008, 09:56 PM
Why don't we get magazines like that?:rolleyes: Thanks for the link, its got some great stuff in there!

breezy
21-11-2008, 10:20 PM
Why don't we get magazines like that?:rolleyes: Thanks for the link, its got some great stuff in there!

primate monthly not good enough all of a sudden?:ROFL1:

Polly2
22-11-2008, 02:18 PM
Great link fizzy! good ideas :)

donnahay0
26-11-2008, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey1 View Post
Why don't we get magazines like that? Thanks for the link, its got some great stuff in there!

primate monthly not good enough all of a sudden?

:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1: Very good