PDA

View Full Version : new policies

gegele
20-11-2008, 07:16 PM
I was browsing through the bromley list of policies to get an idea of what i forgot when i spotted "terrorist attack policy" YOU MUST BE KIDDING ME!!!!!

what about alien abduction???

sorry but i'm having a bad week!!

sue m
20-11-2008, 09:20 PM
I said that to my inspector and she said you just never know these days where a terrorist attack could happen. True when you think about it really. It used to be the IRA and now it's different groups. It's not only happening in London. I thought it was a bit mad to have that policy but did add it. hopefully we will never need it. It does seem rather extreme.

patevans
20-11-2008, 09:30 PM
I was browsing through the bromley list of policies to get an idea of what i forgot when i spotted "terrorist attack policy" YOU MUST BE KIDDING ME!!!!!

what about alien abduction???

sorry but i'm having a bad week!!

I have terrorist attack, gas leak, bomb scare etc, had to have them for my NVQ 3.

sarah707
20-11-2008, 10:01 PM
I don't have one for terrorist attack but I lived in London through the IRA bombings and came north just after Warrington and Manchester city centre went up in smoke.

So yes, I can see where they are coming from.

I would just follow my emergency policy though.

gegele
21-11-2008, 09:36 PM
i just thoughts that common sense would be enough : try to call emergency contact to pick up and if nobody can come to pick up the child just look after him!! it's a crisis, a bit of solidarity is needed end of the story!
I think it's getting a bit too much, where does it end?

sorry my bad week just refuses to end!!!

Annie_T
23-11-2008, 04:22 PM
i thought the same but i took it and sorted it out to suit me ...pre reg inspector was ok about it

MissTinkerbell
26-11-2008, 07:39 PM
I have one ... but then as I can see the RAF camp from my front window - its always a possibility and the inspector was impressed that I'd done one. Guess its all down to whether you live in an area where a terrorist attack is a possibility.

Twinkles
26-11-2008, 07:45 PM
i just thoughts that common sense would be enough : try to call emergency contact to pick up and if nobody can come to pick up the child just look after him!! it's a crisis, a bit of solidarity is needed end of the story!
I think it's getting a bit too much, where does it end?

sorry my bad week just refuses to end!!!

I agree it does seem a bit silly for most of us. Common sense would be enough for most policies but I suppose we have to prove to ofsted that we actually have common sense ( they probably doubt that when we make the decision to become minders :laughing: )

I don't have one but like Sarah would follow my emergency procedure.

k1rstie
29-11-2008, 10:04 AM
I live within 'running away' distance from Broadmoor Hospital. We have the test alarms going off every Monday.

I have included this with my distaster policy. It is expected here that you have a Broadmoor policy

Kirstie