PDA

View Full Version : FAILING ICP.............?

LOOPYLISA
19-11-2008, 12:48 PM
Hi does anybody know what happens if you fail your icp?, do you re- take the exam part or do you have to do the coures again...................x

Mollymop
19-11-2008, 12:52 PM
I think you can re take the exam again, once.

On our icp course we didn't have to sit the test if we didn't want to. It is not compulsary in my neck of the woods. Just as we had done the course, that was sufficent.
But if we wanted to complete the DHC (which the ICP is the first unit) we had to pass the exam.
Try not to worry about the test too much, it isn't all that difficult. Just make sure you read the questions really well. xxx

littlesprogs
19-11-2008, 12:52 PM
we didnt need to pass it we only had to attend the lessons. We only had to pass if we wanted to go on to do the full dhc. However if we did fail there was an opportunity to re-take the exam

Andrea08
19-11-2008, 01:00 PM
ohhh how things change i was looking at mine and i only had to go home and write up x2 assignments,

my tutor signed it and also i think an external somebody lol?

if i remember right our tutor said in all her years she has never failed anyone,
if she thought a person not ready or didnt understand aspects of childminding she said she wouldnt let them complete until she felt they were ready!
but that that had never happened?

so im sure you have done well and there is no higher grade just pass,
so good luck ok :thumbsup:

LOOPYLISA
19-11-2008, 01:04 PM
I think you can re take the exam again, once.

On our icp course we didn't have to sit the test if we didn't want to. It is not compulsary in my neck of the woods. Just as we had done the course, that was sufficent.
But if we wanted to complete the DHC (which the ICP is the first unit) we had to pass the exam.
Try not to worry about the test too much, it isn't all that difficult. Just make sure you read the questions really well. xxx

Hi had test monday, it was easy(she says!) hope i pass just wanted to know wat happens if we don.t ! x

don the duck
19-11-2008, 01:10 PM
[QUOTE=LOOPYLISA;274278]Hi does anybody know what happens if you fail your icp?, do you re- take the exam part or do you have to do the coures again...................x[/QUOTE

I did my sept 2008. there was a few who didnt pass they resat the exam when i was available next time round

Annie_T
19-11-2008, 01:30 PM
i was told wwe can take it 3 times before you have to pay for exam, (but different in different area's) if you fail its only the exam your have to do not the whole course.

your be fine hun its easy tbh (well i found it easy - common knowledge id say)

singlewiththree
19-11-2008, 02:19 PM
I didnt the exam easy however we were told noone fails you are just refered to sit the exam. We were told you can resit 3 times but I asked ofsted inspector when she was here and she said they have to see the certificate when they register you and wont just accept you have done the course.

Chatterbox Childcare
19-11-2008, 02:22 PM
You are not going to fail - think positive

Kelly
19-11-2008, 02:28 PM
I didnt the exam easy however we were told noone fails you are just refered to sit the exam. We were told you can resit 3 times but I asked ofsted inspector when she was here and she said they have to see the certificate when they register you and wont just accept you have done the course.

Ofsted only have to see your ICP certificate not your CACHE certificate, there are no rules in taking the test, it is your choice, you only need to do it if you want to go on and do the full DHC. In our area you have a chance to re-sit the test without charge and then you would have to pay for it. To be honest if you needed 3 chances to pass you would probably need further training as it is straight forward. I tutor the ICP's and recently had my first failure, I was gutted for the lady, but her English was not great, so we need to consider how we can help her and get her through the test!