PDA

View Full Version : 7 Seater Help!

charlene CT
18-11-2008, 09:00 PM
Hi

Can anyone recommend a good economical 7 seater that is not difficult to get children in and out of. my clio is no longer going to be any good for school pick ups.

Thanks

Pipsqueak
18-11-2008, 09:34 PM
Think there was a recent thread about 7 seaters...

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=19523&highlight=7+seaters

think was it

hope it helps

Cazz
18-11-2008, 11:43 PM
Well I've got a VW Sharan (diesel so very economical) and I love it. It's quite old and I would like a newer one when finances allow but I've not had any problems with getting various aged children in or out and it's passed the last 2 MOT's straight off! So versatile as well as all the seats can be removed (that's a hubby job though as they're really heavy!).

I think it's definetly worth paying a bit extra for a diesel as apparently petrol ones are quite thirsty!

Carole x

sarah707
19-11-2008, 07:43 AM
We have a Toyota Lucida import - it's fab but heavy on the deisel

PixiePetal
19-11-2008, 08:04 AM
I don't drive but DH has a Fiat Doblo. CM friend has a 5 seater one and although it looks like a van(!) is fantastic. Huge boot on the 5 seater and I am sure they do a 7 seater too? Has sliding rear doors, which is great for getting kids in and out.

We love it. CM friends mindee calls it her bus. :laughing:

LeanneC
19-11-2008, 10:03 AM
A couple of weeks ago hubbie and i went looking at 2. the VW Touran and the Renault Grand Scenic. The Scenic came out tops for looks and space etc. Also I drove a Clio a while ago (mini cooper now) and it reminded me so much of the clio i sued to have which i loved. It has all the same features...auto windscreen wipers etc... also the man in the garage said it was good on petrol too.

BUT if your really wanting to splash out how about the new Nissan Quashqi* Sorry cant remember how to spell it. Its lovely inside and i wish i could afford one.

Leanne x

LOOPYLISA
19-11-2008, 10:36 AM
Hi we have a 7 seater mitsibishi shogun, its big but lots of room, we have been looking into getting a new car soon as the shogun really is massive i think i need parking sensors(if you could see my little peageot you will know why) he he only joking:D hth x

celinescare
19-11-2008, 11:09 AM
I have a ford Galaxy. Seats fold down and you can fold them again and move seats around you can also tkae them out.

HTH

Celine

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good economical 7 seater that is not difficult to get children in and out of. my clio is no longer going to be any good for school pick ups.

Thanks

ChocolateChip
20-11-2008, 03:18 PM
I have a Kia Sedona, which I love.
It has 3 seats in the back which are moveable, I pushed mine forward a bit to make the bootspace big enough for all the buggies,
The middle 2 seats are separate so plenty of room to move around them.
It is also not too bad on petrol, I'm roughly spending about the same as when as I had a Megane, allowing for prices going up and down!
The only drawback is the middle rear seat is only a lapbelt, so I tend to stick one of my own kids in there, between the babyseats, other than that it's fab!

tulip0803
20-11-2008, 03:24 PM
I have a ford Galaxy. Seats fold down and you can fold them again and move seats around you can also tkae them out.

HTH

Celine

I have one too:) . But I don't get a choice on cars as DH gets them cheap & fixes them this failed emmisions on MOT & needed a new rad. I only got it (on the road)last week and he is looking at other ones:rolleyes: