PDA

View Full Version : What do you need to have done before you apply/have your visit?

jw19nr
21-01-2008, 10:31 PM
Hello. I have started my ICP course today and have been told we should apply after week 5 and the sooner the better because of the change over to the early years foundation stage (our ICP is based on the old framework).

Just wondering what you need to have done before ofstead come? As she said they will come 2 weeks after appying. Do you need to have policies already? What do I need to do for my house? Do you need to have all the toys etc ready? Its so confusing!

Just need to know when to apply and how much of a hurry do I need to do things in. I have a newborn baby at the mo, so it is hard work trying to do everything!

Minnie Minx
21-01-2008, 10:51 PM
hi there will be loads of info around the boards, have a look but you shouldn't need anything done to your house as ofsted will tell you what needs doing.

xxx

angeldelight
21-01-2008, 11:12 PM
Is this for your pre - reg

This is what it is for they will give you advice

Really you need to look in this section of the forum and you will see what every one else did when they had their pre - reg
you will get heaps of information / advice / tips in this section

Hope you and baby are doing ok ?

Angel xx

Mollymop
22-01-2008, 01:40 PM
I am having my first visit on Friday the 1st feb and she (the inspector)seemed really nice on the phone. She said not to worry about having everything in place that she is going to bring her laptop and make notes of what i tell her that I need to do as then she can tell that I am clued up with what to do. She was overly pleased that I had done all my courses, etc. She told me not to worry about paper work, etc, as it is still early days, but I have all my paperwork ready (policies, procedure, etc). I just want her to see that i have put a lot of effort into starting up, etc.

katickles
22-01-2008, 02:47 PM
Hi

You don't need all your policies in place but you do need some. Have you got your ofsted hand books through? At the back of the blue one (i think) there is a check list of the things that they require - paperwork wise that is.

As for your house, as long as you can demonstrate how you will make it safe you should be fine.

I had a selection of toys out to show the inspector that varied in ages, but you don't have to do so.

Best thing you can do, once you have finished your course (where you will learn what things you'll need) ring your tutor and arrange a pre-inspection visit. They will then come round and do an inspection like the ofsted one & anything they recommend they'll let you know. You can then have these done so that you feel more confident for ofsted.

Hope my wittering on helps!