PDA

View Full Version : What we should have in respect of safeguarding children

lissy
18-11-2008, 10:52 AM
Could anyone tell me what we should have in respect of safeguarding children.

Been looking into it and getting myself very confused!!!

the Local Safeguarding Children Board procedures - where can i get this from?

I have found these books i have
-domestic abuse, guidelines for childcare practioners
-safeguarding procedure, safeguarding procedure for childcare, learning and play providers
-child protection procedure for day care providers
are these still what i should have or are these no longer used

what to do..’ summary and flow chart - do we have to have this and where can i get it from if we do?

sarah707
18-11-2008, 11:50 AM
The vital things to have are -

Safeguarding policy - which includes info about what you would do it a child came to you with an allegation; if an allegation was made against you; if an allegation was made against a member of your family...

What to do if you are worried a child is being abused - booklet and flow chart.

http://www.everychildmatters.gov.uk/resources-and-practice/IG00182/

Hth :D

lissy
18-11-2008, 12:17 PM
Thanks sarah, i have just updated my policy which is now very long winded!!

I havent got the book or flow chart it is familiar so i must of had it at some point have no idea where it could be. Just tried to order book but for some reason it wont accept my address and the flow chart can only be downloaded and i cant print it as only have black and white printer.

Not sure how to get hold of these

I have just rung and got details of a development worker who should be able to help me. Ive ben doing this 4 years and never had anyone to ask for help before so that should be helpful. Im in such a muddle trying to do an nvq3 , updated for eyfs and keep everything else going!!

watgem
18-11-2008, 08:50 PM
Hi Lissi have you done unit 305 yet? If not could you book yourself on a Safeguarding children course[make sure its level; 3] because they will probably be able to witness a lot of this unit and should give you the flow chart and latest safeguarding booklets. We were really lucky on our course because we got a referal procedure chart as well which I've been able to include in my operational chart. My tutor suggested this and linked me up with some other students and we managed to get on a course running at the surestart nursery in the evenings so maybe its worth asking your tutor also? Hope this helps:)