PDA

View Full Version : Term time payment

booboo
21-01-2008, 09:35 PM
Hi everyone :clapping: just wondering what ppl charge for term time for the children you have after school im a new childminder, and not sure if to charge or not

Amanda:)

sarah707
21-01-2008, 09:45 PM
Not sure what you mean?

Do you mean after-school charge? Or charge for children in holidays when you look after them after school?

It's been a long day :p

booboo
21-01-2008, 10:03 PM
Sorry half asleep :blush: yes i just have them after school, so when the holidays come do i charge or not??
:idea:

sarah707
21-01-2008, 10:05 PM
I don't charge if they don't come... most tend to be around a few days in the holidays anyway and I always ask the question about what holiday care they want when parents are booking them in... :D

charleyfarley
21-01-2008, 10:09 PM
It's entirely up to you.

At the moment my term time only after school parents insist on paying me full fee but it isn't that much.

Before though when I've minded for teachers they've paid me half fee

As I've said it's your decision

Carol xx

booboo
21-01-2008, 10:10 PM
Thanx for that, i've only just started minding for her so thought i had better tell her either way but i don't think i will charge, dont seem right if i havent got them, i know i would'nt want to pay someone for not having my kids :D

Amanda

manjay
21-01-2008, 10:15 PM
I charge my term time family a retainer. I would be missing out on a huge amount of money over the year if I didn't. However we do have it written into the contract that in term time she gets one whole days minding rather than me keeping their space available from 3:15-5:15

amanda xx

Twinkles
21-01-2008, 10:59 PM
3/4 of my families are teachers so I would be completely skint in the holidays if I didn't charge 1/2 fees.

Tiisku
22-01-2008, 09:20 AM
I would not feel comfortable charging for school holidays if they don't come, and I am specifying that in the contracts with "excluding school holidays". I am advertising free spaces for school holidays separately. Maybe I'm too soft !:D Didn't even think of asking retainers or deposits from new people before coming to this site. :)