PDA

View Full Version : Equality of Opportunities

Andrea08
16-11-2008, 11:08 PM
hi, i need help with this policy , i looked on forum till page 12 and couldnt find what i needed,
p25 Statutory framework for EYFS ;-
the policy should include;
information about how the individual needs of children will be met,
inclusion, valued and supported how adjustments will be made,
commitment to working with parents and other agencies
info about SEN code of practice
reviewing, monitoring etc

etc etc all on page 25,,

i have an equal opportunities policy but it doesnt go this far or show such information and i need to update it .
is there some thread i could read or can someone please point me in the right direction,
many thanks andrea xxx

Andrea08
17-11-2008, 02:11 PM
ohhh where is sarah im sure some1 can point me in the right direction
PLEASE
XXXXXXX

sarah707
17-11-2008, 03:48 PM
Equality of Opportunities / Inclusion policy

What I have done for all my policies is use the statement from the EYFS and then make statements showing how I make it work for me... so ...

The EYFS Statutory Framework states – ‘All providers must have and implement an effective policy ensuring equality of opportunities and for supporting children with learning difficulties and disabilities’

See - Admissions policy; Access audit; Working with parents policy.

• I promote equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice and ensure that every child is included and not disadvantaged because of ethnicity, culture or religion, home language, family background, learning difficulties or disabilities, gender or ability;
• I am committed to working closely with parents and other agencies;
• I complete and regularly update a ‘Unique Child’ profile for each child, using parental input;

Etc, etc...

I have a list of my equal opportunities resources attached to the policy as well.

Hth :D

Andrea08
17-11-2008, 09:08 PM
:thumbsup: see i just knew you would break it down and look easier , :littleangel: why carn't you work for ofsted for just one month and tell them how to word things and how to talk to childminders,,:D

thank you heaps sarah ill get cracking with it ASAP
and ill be sure to help others when i can too

andrea x

hello kitty
23-11-2008, 08:22 AM
Some more info here:

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=20534&highlight=equality