PDA

View Full Version : Had a phone call....

samw
21-01-2008, 03:34 PM
Hi all,

Not been on here for a while due to my kids and the whole family having this horrible sickness bug.

I had a call last week from Ofsted just checking if I was minding yet and she just said someone would be in touch regarding inspection.

Its put the fear of god into me, I just wish they had rang to say they were coming and given me a date cus now Im waiting for the phone call to tell me rather than just the inspection.

Sorry Ive waffled!!

Sam x

angeldelight
21-01-2008, 03:39 PM
Hi Sam

Sorry to hear you have all been poorly hope you are feeling better now ?

Are you feeling nervous now about Ofsted ? I am sure you will be ok

They will call you again and give you a date soon let us know when they do

Angel xx

sarah32
21-01-2008, 03:55 PM
I had a call before xmas to see if I as minding yet and I said yet. Said they would call in the new year to come out to me.

Nothing yet, I hate waiting, I'd rather they ring and come round. Get it over and done with.

avril
29-01-2008, 05:19 PM
Hi

Me too expecting another call February for my inspection date on tender hooks every time the phone rings :( Hopefully I have everything in place and in order I will let you all know how I get on

Avril :laughing: :laughing:

Minnie Minx
29-01-2008, 05:24 PM
hi sam you will be fine, from what i saw of you on the icp course (oh gawd i've got to do that again, think i'll go to newcastle college, can't put up with her again lol) you are a good minder. Don't worry about it, the inspector will be impressed with you :)

xx

charleyfarley
29-01-2008, 08:38 PM
Think the waiting is worse than the inspection sometimes.

You will be fine I'm sure

Good luck

Carol xxx

son77
30-01-2008, 02:33 PM
I had this call back in Aug 07 & I'm still waiting.

Everytime the phone rings my heart jumps in my mouth!!

I hate Ofsted!

Mollymop
30-01-2008, 02:40 PM
That's such a long time to wait! I hope they hurry up and come so that you can get it over and done with. Glad you are all better after the sickness bug.

jo hawkins
05-02-2008, 07:36 PM
Hi all

im new to this so dont no if im posting right.
But i need to let of some steam!!!!
I had the dreaded inspection today she was here for 4 n 3/4 hours just to give me satifactory. Has anyone inspection lasted that long as im sure my last one was only 2 hrs. she was nit picking all the time.
thanks for listening

Jo

Hi all,

Not been on here for a while due to my kids and the whole family having this horrible sickness bug.

I had a call last week from Ofsted just checking if I was minding yet and she just said someone would be in touch regarding inspection.

Its put the fear of god into me, I just wish they had rang to say they were coming and given me a date cus now Im waiting for the phone call to tell me rather than just the inspection.

Sorry Ive waffled!!

Sam x

Cheeky Chops
05-02-2008, 07:38 PM
Oh no Jo thats horrid! well done you for sitting through that one!! I have yet to have mine, i hope hope hope its a good!!!! please lord!!! hehe x

sarah707
05-02-2008, 07:39 PM
Hi all im new to this so dont no if im posting right.
But i need to let of some steam!!! I had the dreaded inspection today she was here for 4 n 3/4 hours just to give me satifactory. Has anyone inspection lasted that long as im sure my last one was only 2 hrs. she was nit picking all the time. thanks for listening. Jo

Hi Jo sorry you felt your inspection didn't go as well as you'd hoped! You must feel awful... sending you some virtual hugs...

Don't forget to pop into 'say hello' and introduce yourself - we're all here to help and hopefully cheer you up a bit! :D

deeb66
05-02-2008, 07:42 PM
Hi all

im new to this so dont no if im posting right.
But i need to let of some steam!!!!
I had the dreaded inspection today she was here for 4 n 3/4 hours just to give me satifactory. Has anyone inspection lasted that long as im sure my last one was only 2 hrs. she was nit picking all the time.
thanks for listening

Jo

Sorry to hear that you had a tough time Jo.

I have heard of cases of the inspector being there for 5-6 hours.

Some of the other ladies on here have had the inspectors in their house for this sort of time.

jo hawkins
05-02-2008, 07:54 PM
thanx guys

Hi Jo sorry you felt your inspection didn't go as well as you'd hoped! You must feel awful... sending you some virtual hugs...

Don't forget to pop into 'say hello' and introduce yourself - we're all here to help and hopefully cheer you up a bit! :D

wendywu
06-02-2008, 12:47 AM
My god 4 n3/4 hours, she should be paying your community charge at your address.

What on earth was she nit picking about for that lenght of time. I have my inspection due soon but i have decided that i am not putting up with all this i dont like your colour wall paper so im going to have it in for you attitude.

I was on a course recently with a minder who the inspector had in tears because she shouted yes shouted at her because she gave her mindee a cheese and ham sandwich, too fatty you see. This minder was also told that she should not allow children juice and biscuit at toddler groups as it was bad for them. This minder was NVQ NCMA QA and was taking the surrey quality assurance scheme. She got satisfactory. Got to nursery school to pick up and burst into tears. They had to sit her down with a cup of tea.:angry:

Any of that type of rubbish and i shall politely ask the inspector to leave and be straight on the phone to Ofsted. The word bullying springs to mind.

2045amanda
15-02-2008, 12:29 PM
Hi, I had a phone call last april (07) to check i was still minding, the ofsted inspector then rang me 31.12.07 to tell me my inspection would be end of February. Its arranged for 27th. You do get plenty of warning.

Good luck.

Mandy.:)

LittleMissSparkles
15-02-2008, 01:15 PM
I had the call in Januray to say anytime from now to March they will be coming xxx

miffy
15-02-2008, 01:47 PM
Not long to wait now then Susan

Miffy xx