PDA

View Full Version : Uncollected Child Policy

helenlc
11-11-2008, 09:30 PM
I have re-done my policies so they fit under EYFS. I need to do an Uncollected Child Policy but its late and my mind has gone blank!

Please can someone give me some pointers!!

I have mentioned in my Fees about lateness and charges for this, either occassionally or regularly. But at what time do I regard a child as "uncollected"? And is this after I have tried calling parents and emergency contacts?

Thank you!!!

don the duck
11-11-2008, 09:33 PM
is there one on the bromley site

helenlc
11-11-2008, 09:42 PM
I couldnt see one when I looked, but now you have prompted me I think its in their EYFS section :blush:

breezy
11-11-2008, 09:50 PM
this one ok?

helenlc
11-11-2008, 09:51 PM
I didnt find one on Bromley but did find one on NCMA website.

I have put that in my policy now but what I was wondering about was what about the time before you class it as uncollected as opposed to just late?

The NCMA on says:

"Procedure if a child is not collected
If a child is not collected within [insert a reasonable amount of time], I will try calling the parents’ contact numbers. Then I will try the emergency contact numbers.

During this time, I will continue to safely look after the child.

I will continue to try the parents’ contact numbers and emergency numbers, but after a responsible amount of time – [insert a responsible amount of time] from the original agreed collection time, I will then tell the local authority duty social worker."

But what time after collection time, and having tried calling parents and emergency numbers, do you then call social services?

Thanks again!

helenlc
12-11-2008, 12:54 PM
And does the EYFS stipulate that I need a policy just for Uncollected Child or can I incorporate it into one of my other policies

Thanks

marion123
12-11-2008, 01:29 PM
here is mine

Un-Collected Child Policy

Obviously things can happen at the last minute which can cause delays; where-ever possible please telephone me to let me know when you expect to arrive. If your child is not collected at the agreed time, I will of course continue to care for your child, however late collection fees will be applied to this overtime period. If you are more than 30 minutes late and have not contacted me I will use the emergency contact numbers you have provided to attempt to contact you, or if I cannot contact you then I will attempt to contact one of the persons you have authorised to collect your child.

If I am unable to make arrangements for either you or your emergency contacts to collect your child within a reasonable time and you still have not contacted me then I will contact both the Police and Social Services and follow their advice.

gegele
18-11-2008, 07:26 PM
hello,
on the bromley site it's in arrival and collection.
I love this site!

hope it hepls