PDA

View Full Version : Frustrating

Rasharoon
21-01-2008, 11:10 AM
Hi
Thought I would vent my frustration here - if that's OK.
I was expecting a parent this morning - just to come and meet me for a chat re minding her 18 month old daughter 2 mornings per week.
I made sure I had all appropriate toys out, printed off all information she would need to take away and she didn't have the decency to show or even ring.
Thing is, she has an elder daughter in my Son's class so it's not that I won't see her as I'll see her at school. I don't actually know her, I just see her around.
Should I say something?

LittleMissSparkles
21-01-2008, 11:13 AM
I'd wait to see if she speaks first and then if not approach her, there may be a genuine reason she didnt come! if she doesnt say anything I'd just say politely' I rearranged my morning today for you to come over was there a reason why you didnt turn up ?'

Sorry she didnt turn up x

miffy
21-01-2008, 11:17 AM
Annoying but it happens I'm afraid

Did you see her at school this morning? if not could be that someone isn't well.

I'd do as Susan says - if she doesn't ring or talk to you then I'd ask her

Miffy xx

angeldelight
21-01-2008, 11:19 AM
How annoying not nice but maybe she did forget ?

yes I would wait and if she does not come over to you then you go and say something

Good luck let us know what happens

Angel xx

Rasharoon
22-01-2008, 09:46 AM
Just to update on yesterday.

I received a call early afternoon - she forgot. Was ever so apologetic but then also stated that her hours had changed and after working out the costs, it wouldn't be worth her while but if anything changed, she would let me know.

Not a problem as just had an enquiry this morning from a Mum re after school care for her 8 year old. Had a good chat so hopefully she will come round next week sometime. That means I'll have 8 4-9 years old running riot if all goes ahead - am I mad??

angeldelight
22-01-2008, 09:47 AM
Glad she contacted you in the end

Good luck with the new parent and child

Keep us posted

Angel xx

ajs
22-01-2008, 10:00 AM
mad yes but oh well aren't we all
that's why we here

LittleMissSparkles
22-01-2008, 10:04 AM
at least she let you know in the end, good luck with the other mum xxx

Banana
22-01-2008, 10:51 AM
Good luck with the enquiry!!

xx

sarah707
22-01-2008, 11:08 AM
am I mad??

We're all a little bit bonkers.... well they all are anyway! :p

Rubybubbles
22-01-2008, 11:13 AM
Just to update on yesterday.

I received a call early afternoon - she forgot. Was ever so apologetic but then also stated that her hours had changed and after working out the costs, it wouldn't be worth her while but if anything changed, she would let me know.

Not a problem as just had an enquiry this morning from a Mum re after school care for her 8 year old. Had a good chat so hopefully she will come round next week sometime. That means I'll have 8 4-9 years old running riot if all goes ahead - am I mad??

in a word YES:laughing:

Mollymop
22-01-2008, 01:07 PM
Good luck with the new parent, I hope it all goes to plan.
Wow! 8 kiddies, you have done really well!