PDA

View Full Version : GCSE's

Kelly
10-11-2008, 02:07 PM
I have just signed up to do my GCSE maths and English. I have had a real problem getting on a GCSE course as I want to go on to EYPS because in oxfordshire they only except one distant learning course because the GCSE's have to be the higher level (apparently courses like learn direct are intermediate) Anyway, I had to enrol with equivelancy testing, which would have cost me nearly £700 for both courses! but Oxfordshire early years have agreed to fund me :clapping: :clapping:

I am dreading doing the maths :panic: Is anyone else doing their GCSE's if so how are you finding it?

sarah707
10-11-2008, 02:11 PM
I have a tutor for my dd's maths ... £25 an hour! :eek:

Well done for getting the funding :clapping:

Good luck! :D

littlesprogs
10-11-2008, 02:11 PM
I'm re-doing my gcse biology through ics i havent really done much of it yet but i havent been out of education long so i'm hoping i remember most of it anyway.

With ics you can do higher or intermediate and mine only cost £200

Rubybubbles
10-11-2008, 02:26 PM
I started my GCSE Maths with ICS in Sept, I will sit my exam in a school like the other students:blush:

I am finding it okay, just time consuming after work and family life, but hey hoo!! I managed my NVQ3 so keep telling myself just get on with it lol

If we get stuck we could call on each other:clapping:

Kelly
10-11-2008, 02:36 PM
I looked at ICS but Oxford Brookes Uni only accept Eqivelancy testing on their EYPS course. I am a bit concerened because you only have 5 months to complete everything, and I am teaching DHC 5 in Jan/Feb, which means that I will have loads of marking plus studying and homework to do :panic: :panic:

At least it seems that there are others doing their GCSE's as well so I can get some advice here (as usual!)

balloon
10-11-2008, 02:38 PM
I did English and Math GCSEs a couple of years back. It wasn't too bad to be honest.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine. :)

Twinkles
10-11-2008, 04:08 PM
I did my GCSE English a few years ago when I was 33 ( ok so quite a few years ago ) it was hard work tbh as I had been out of the learning environment for several years but I'm so glad I did it. Good luck.