PDA

View Full Version : Warning MM customers

sarah707
10-11-2008, 01:39 PM
There is a lady ringing MM customers from a company called Croner Early Years.

She is saying that MM have given her our details. She had my phone number, my name and my email address.

She is ringing about something to do with risk assessments that Croner are trying to sell.

She is offering a free week's use and talking about working out afffordable monthly payments if we want to buy it... :eek:

I have spoken to Sarah at the MM childminder insurance department and she says MM have not shared customer details with this company. You might get a call if you have clicked on the Croner link off their website but they take privacy and confidentiality very seriously and have not shared anything with anyone else.

Whatever the rights or wrongs ... the stuff Croner are trying to sell is VERY expensive and I would be VERY CAREFUL before thinking you need it.

balloon
10-11-2008, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the warning Sarah.

devoncm
10-11-2008, 04:11 PM
Thanks for that.ill keep it in mind if they ring me

angeldelight
10-11-2008, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the warning Sarah

Angel xx

patevans
10-11-2008, 06:09 PM
Thanks for warning us x

tomthumb
10-11-2008, 06:14 PM
Thanks for the warning Sarah

Elodie X

Monkey1
10-11-2008, 08:16 PM
Thanks Sarah!

lorraines little treasures
10-11-2008, 11:31 PM
hi, i had a letter the other week with information about this company, you have to pay them so much and they will send you all the information needed,i just put it in the bin, as we all ready to themour selves and i didnt need there help.

ChocolateChip
19-11-2008, 08:44 PM
Only just seen this, catching up (again!!), thanks Sarah!

Pauline
19-11-2008, 09:02 PM
Thanks Sarah, I hope MM are doing something about it even if it is only to remove the link. It's a disgrace to cold call customer like that. :panic:

miffy
19-11-2008, 09:18 PM
Thank you Sarah

I've just been on the scholastic website - this company have an advert on there offering a free welfare requirement article I'm pleased I didn't request it now!

Miffy xx

Pauline
21-11-2008, 02:26 PM
MM have contacted me with this explaination, hope it clears things up:

Morton Michel have never and will never pass on our clients details to any other organisation, anyone that has been contacted by Croner would have probably filled in a form on their website via a link on the Morton Michel site.

We do have a relationship with Croner and they do offer substantial discounts to Morton Michel policyholders but we are also aware that, due to their high prices, that they are targeting large settings so I am really surprised that they did actually contact a childminder. Many nurseries (we now insure 3,000) have taken advantage of this discount so to be fair to that percentage of our clients the link on our website will stay live.