PDA

View Full Version : It's been a long process.. feeling down as it's now at a standstill

MicheH
10-11-2008, 01:05 PM
You will all appreciate the long drawn out process that is applying to becoming a childminder, the ups and downs of dealing with Ofsted and their requirements, the months of feeling that nothing is being done to get your application through. It is hard to keep your spirits up.

My application was all finalised 2 months ago and have been advertising on CIS website ever since. I'm really down as I havn't received any emails or telephone calls for enquiries at all.

Here I am with a wealth of experience that is just raring to go but i've hit a wall, a really upsetting brick wall. I've put an advertisement on the notice board at my local health centre but other than leaflet drop I am at a loss of what to do get a mindee.

I guess i'm after a little help to get my spirits up, i'm ready, raring to go and pumped up by the EYFS, I love it and love what it stands for.. I just want to get started.

Miche x

sarah707
10-11-2008, 02:06 PM
Have you seen the advertising tips on this thread?

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=4171&highlight=advertising

I hope you find something to help! Don't lose heart. xx

MicheH
10-11-2008, 03:03 PM
Aw wow.. thank you!

I shall have a good look now. :)

breezy
10-11-2008, 04:22 PM
leaflet schools, preschools, playgroups, toddler groups, newsagents windows, put a sign in your car window, just keep going, you'll get there before you know it.

MicheH
10-11-2008, 04:33 PM
Thanks girls, i've just designed a magnet for the back of my car with all my details on. I'm pleased with it - cost £3.99 just shorter than 30x30cms and should be invaluble in the car park when I do the nursery/school run. I guess you never know whose walking through the docs, sure start centre, health centre, coop and shopping centre car parks plus who is stuck behind you in traffic. I'm hoping that the magnet will show me to be the professional I am! :clapping:
i'll concentrate on another advertising idea tomorrow x

Kelly
10-11-2008, 05:44 PM
Are there any childminding drop in groups around your area? you could try dropping in and introducing yourself, at our group we reguarly exchange info for parents seeking childcare, parents looking for childcare also drop in and see us. Word of mouth goes along way, remember to tell everyone you meet you are a childminder, as you rightly said you never know who's looking for childcare.

I've read several times on here that leaflet drops have helped some people as well.

Good luck and keep going

Kelly ;)

angeldelight
10-11-2008, 08:21 PM
Keep your chin up

Hope you get some calls soon

Angel xx

FizzysFriends
10-11-2008, 08:41 PM
I know how you feel im in kind of the same situation, although I have a mindee starting in Dec for a few hours a week.

How you put anything on the childcare board on netmums? might be worth a try.