PDA

View Full Version : forms for an assistant?

loocyloo
10-11-2008, 11:37 AM
good morning!

i've got a cold and think that is why my head isn't working today! (plus all the children seem to have sniffles and are grumpy! no one wants to do anything!) :rolleyes:

i've been looking on the ofsted site to find whatever form it is i need to apply to have an assistant, plus the forms for CRB checks. but i can't find anything! please can someone point me in the right direction! thank you!

also, what sort of contracts does anyone use? is there a standard one for assistants (but obviously amended for hours/duties etc) ? i have never employed anyone before so don't know what i should do. what about the tax office? my assistant is only going to be working a max of 3 hours a week for me! and not until march anyway. (just want to get organised)

thanks

loocyloo x

mrsbumbles
10-11-2008, 04:03 PM
If you put Childminder CM2 into google it comes up with the link.

Thats how i downloaded mine last week x

angeldelight
10-11-2008, 08:33 PM
Good luck

Angel xx

Pauline
10-11-2008, 08:44 PM
Not sure but isn't it now the EY2 form?

Download a copy here (http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/Ofsted-home/Forms-and-guidance/Browse-all-by/Other/General/Declaration-and-consent-form-for-all-individuals-connected-with-a-registered-provision-form-EY2)

loocyloo
10-11-2008, 10:33 PM
thank you!

looks complicated!!!

x

cloud9
13-11-2008, 04:50 PM
I;d be inclined to make it easy on yourself and not actually employ the assistant, thus eliminating the need to do tax and Ni for the assistant.
As its only for 3 hours a week i would have the assistant themselves go down the self employment route like us and you would just give her/him a set amount of money each week and put it down in your accounts book as an expense.
Your assistant would then do their own tax and Ni. Alot of minders do it this way cos its easier

FizzysFriends
13-11-2008, 05:01 PM
You will still need to complete the EY2 form if you sub contract to your assistant.

Andrea08
13-11-2008, 05:47 PM
I;d be inclined to make it easy on yourself and not actually employ the assistant, thus eliminating the need to do tax and Ni for the assistant.
As its only for 3 hours a week i would have the assistant themselves go down the self employment route like us and you would just give her/him a set amount of money each week and put it down in your accounts book as an expense.
Your assistant would then do their own tax and Ni. Alot of minders do it this way cos its easier

is it realy that simple? how would it be included as an expence? i mean would i have to tell inland revenue i was employing staff etc? and after the CRB is there any other forms we need to have? oh and does our numbers go up if we have an assistant?
my daughter wants to work with me part time when she turns 18 and this advice is good for me too thanks,

FizzysFriends
13-11-2008, 06:01 PM
You don't need to tell IR if you pay her as a sub contractor as you aren't employing her you are buying her service. You need to complete the EY2 form which is personal details, health and referances etc. If you decide to 'employ' there isn't that much paper work to do and working out the tax and NI is easy but its totally upto you.

loocyloo
14-11-2008, 01:06 PM
hi, i'm only going to be employing my assistant for a max of 3 hours a week! i was going to put her through my books as an expense as i'll be paying her out of my business. but as its so little, and she won't be paying tax etc, it sounds easier, if she is 'contracted' to me then, rather than me being her employer!

also, having had a 'few' email conversations with ofsted about this ... some are helpful, some not so! i have just been told, that even with an assistant, i still need to ask ofsted for a variation for the hours that i would be over my numbers, and therefore, the reason that i am employing an assistant! arghh!
i did ask to have my last email forwarded to the variations team or inspectors ... no, it got answered by 'customer services' again! who just seem to copy and paste answers, as i have had 2 the same! despite copy and pasting each question/answer into each email i send, so they have the full story! when i last spoke to the team that deal with variations etc by phone, they were helpful! its just that until i get a few more things sorted, i can't decide exactly what i need to know/want to happen!

sorry rambling! but its hard to know what is going to happen next month, let alone 4 months away!

xxx