PDA

View Full Version : accident & incident policy

Bex1
08-11-2008, 01:41 PM
In my accident and incident policy I have put a paragraph about if a child turns up at my setting with cuts and bruises from an accident at home that the parents will be asked to complete the accident/incident book before they leave the child...is that correct or should I not be doing this?

When I went on the ICP the tutor mentioned about this and I wondered what other's do?

Thank you

Minstrel
08-11-2008, 01:43 PM
Yes exsisting injuries should definitly be documented x

sarah707
08-11-2008, 01:45 PM
Absolutely! It's good practice.

It has been known for parents to say later that the child had an accident while with the childminder ... esp if the damage to the child was more severe than first thought.

Cover your back at all times

Bex1
08-11-2008, 01:49 PM
Thank you.

mummyroysof3
08-11-2008, 02:01 PM
i need to add this into mine, any tips on what to include?

charlotte x

supamarrio
08-11-2008, 04:20 PM
There is i believe a section in your accident book for this purpose
you are suppose to ask the parents for a brief report and write it in the book and also get the parents to sign your book,

sue

helenlc
09-11-2008, 04:19 PM
I just have a seperate hard backed book that is my incident book.

I write in there when children arrive with cuts, bumps etc done at home. I write down a brief description of wound(s) and parents account of what happened. I sign and date it and I get parents to sign and date it.

I just explain to them the importance of protecting myself against allegations that the injuries may have occurred while the children were in my care. No one has ever disputed me making a record or being asked to sign it.