PDA

View Full Version : Parents of new starter questionnaire

FizzysFriends
05-11-2008, 07:26 PM
Does anyone have a questionnaire they give to the parents of a new starter for get an idea of parents expectations and their rules, like amount of tv, if they are allowed to use the video games, if they want the child to do their homework

Heaven Scent
05-11-2008, 08:44 PM
Not me - I'm sure in a way it would be a good idea - but in another you could end up making life very hard for yourself - good parents will usually tell you There has to be a happy medium where you include needs and ask for necessary information but try not to encourage preferences or you will end up meeting yourself coming back trying to fulfill a variety of parents preferences that they probably don't have in place at home anyway - they will just put them down because you give them the option to.

Bex1
06-11-2008, 04:01 PM
Hello

I am new to all this, just waiting for Ofsted phone call to come and do the 'pre reg' inspection. Anyway I have probably made alot of work for myself but I have prepared an booklet entitled "All about me" and it lists everything from nappy changes (if applicable) likes and dislikes (toys, food, songs etc), any food allergies, does the child know how to tie laces, zip etc.

That way I have made sure I have covered everything rather than trying to remember to ask parents when they visit!!

Bex

Debster
06-11-2008, 05:06 PM
Hi Bex I am waiting for the call for my pre inspection too. what you have done sounds like a fab idea. I would like to do that myself can you give me more info to what you have included or could I see a copy please.
Hope you don't think I am being to cheeky
Debs x:)

Ripeberry
06-11-2008, 05:20 PM
You'll be fine Bex1. Just hope they call soon and you can show how brilliant you are being already, i can't even LOOK at policies at the moment or even print them out as our machine ran out of ink! (expensive cartridges):angry: