PDA

View Full Version : bonfire pictures

fishbones1
05-11-2008, 06:35 PM
Hi all

Just thought I'd let you have an activity I did today as it worked really well.
I have 2 children 15months (mine) and 9months (mindee) and sat them both in highchairs and aproned them up!!! I squirted red and yellow paint on their trays and let them explore, after a short while I layed a black sheet of paper on the paint and took a print of their creativeness and it worked wonders turning into a bonfire picture.

The two children loved it (especially having a taste) and I got some fabulous art work from it. So i thought I would share. I'm sure this can be adapted for any occasion. even using a already printed picture on the paper e.g. father christmas and using red paint????

Hope who ever tries it has as much fun as I did. (tidying up is another thing!!!)

sarah707
05-11-2008, 07:33 PM
Thank you for sharing... that sounds great! :D

Heaven Scent
05-11-2008, 08:32 PM
I did something like this years ago but not for fireworks and it was with a group of children around a big table and you should havde seen the state of some of them - I did it at the end of a friday morning and and the afternoon off - so while I went shopping in Manchester with my boyfriend (now DH) my assistant - who came up with the idea ended up spending the afternoon washing these childrens clothes - she then worked wonders with them when they were dry and cut them into flower shapes and mounted them on black paper and it was so effective - I just wish I had the nerve to do it now - but as I have the two sets of parents who have the most important jobs in the world and just don't have time to wash clothes so I'm not allowed to let them do messy painting like that - had my wristies slapped the other day and they won't be doing that again for a while.

miffy
05-11-2008, 10:47 PM
Sounds like you had a lot of fun - thanks for sharing the idea

Miffy xx