PDA

View Full Version : Advice please?

mum2two
20-01-2008, 02:10 PM
Hi. Just wondered what you think. I know what my policy says but still...

My dd who is 5, has had one bout of diarreha this morning. I'm due to mind my friends girl, til lunch, and pick up another boy from 12-3. I've sent a text to the boys mum informing her, and letting her make a decision.

DD id fine in herself, eating away, no sickness, stomach ache etc, but what with all this norovirus stuff about you start thinking.

What would you do tomorrow? Send dd to school or not? Take the kids I'm due to have? (One 7.30 - 12.30 & one 12 - 3).

Don't really want to send dd. She's never had a day off sick, (In yr one), so I'm not worried if she has a day off, but no point if the other parents are happy for theirs to come. No rest for me or her...?

You always feel like you're letting parents down when things like this happen. And Holidays - I feel quilty for taking them. I'm booking 23 nights to Florida over xmas, (12 of us going all my family), no other hols during the year (can't afford them too!!), but am pertified the parents will be peed off! Anyway, that went a bit off topic...

Kelly x

fionamal
20-01-2008, 02:21 PM
I would see how she is by tea time and then make a descision. If shes okay then nothing to worry about and send her to school and take kids as normal.

I would however let parents know that you may have to refuse to take their kids tomorrow if shes not well overnight as you never know with kids , one minute their better and then next they are worse.

Sarsar3NCH
20-01-2008, 02:24 PM
I usually inform the parents and let them decide. but if she shows no other symptoms I would not worry too much as many things can cause an isolated incident like this.

Also bear in mind that often mindees will come to you having had a similar bout but parents will not tell you as you may turn them away. I usually find out when mindees tell me later in the day.

Good luck, hope DD is fine

Sarah xx

nannan
20-01-2008, 03:28 PM
personally I would inform the parents that I was unable to take their children until the 48 hour period had finished, do you have emergency cover for occassions like this, schools have a policy that the child is to be kept home until 48 hours after the last bout of diahorea or sickness, even if your dd is well enough to go to school, I would still keep her home, but that is my own opinion and after all you know you child,

sarah707
20-01-2008, 07:04 PM
How is he tonight Kelly? Hopefully he's had a full recovery and it was just a one off x :D

susi513
20-01-2008, 07:51 PM
Where dd has had a headache or other vague ailment I've given parents the choice of whether to come or no pay if they don't come (they always come).

With sickness & diarrhoea I stick strictly to the 48 hour rule though. DS was sick last night so I'm closed tomorrow, and he'll be home from school too however well he looks in the morning. I hate having to tell parents I'm closed but I think if I did not stick to the 48 hour rule when its my own child then parents are likely to expect me to continue to ignore the rule when their child is the one ill.

miffy
20-01-2008, 08:16 PM
I agree with Susie on this one - you are really closing for everyone's benefit.

Miffy xx

LittleMissSparkles
20-01-2008, 09:15 PM
I agree with Susie too hope that helps xxx

How is she feeling now, hope shes better soon :)

Blaze
21-01-2008, 02:05 PM
I agree too!
Tasha:)

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
21-01-2008, 03:40 PM
I always leave it up to the parents to decide if they want to come or not most of the time they do so I never lose out on money at all.

Hope she is feeling better today.

Lorraine xx

Mollymop
21-01-2008, 05:12 PM
Hope your little girl is better today! X