PDA

View Full Version : fridge temp.

danast
04-11-2008, 11:19 AM
hello
I know it was here mentioned before ,but can not remember if this question has been answere.:rolleyes:
I know we should have fridge temp inside and i have fridge which got display on top with temp in the fridge and freezer.
I also bought fridge thermometer inside fridge and i have it in the middle of fridge sacked on.
Is this the right place for it??
and also
Is it a staustory requirement to do fridge temp daily on paper . If you do not do this can ofsted mark you for this:rolleyes: ?

My temp. in the fridge is always different through out the day:eek:
tank you

sarah707
04-11-2008, 11:47 AM
It is a statutory requirement to feed children safely.

http://www.standards.dfes.gov.uk/eyfs/site/requirements/welfare/safeguarding/2.htm

depending on where you live and your local authority it is a requirement of the Environmental Health to complete 'Safer Food Better Business'.

http://www.food.gov.uk/foodindustry/regulation/hygleg/hyglegresources/sfbb/

Part of this booklet is noting food temps so you can prove that from shop to plate you cannot be blamed if a child gets food poisoning.

Hth :D

danast
04-11-2008, 12:09 PM
do we have to keep daily diary what children eat in your setting ? I have been told by another childminder that we have to have daily food diary even if parents bring in children's lunch.
any food they eat should be written down is that true or is it only what you give them from you home setting?
thanks sarah for the above about fridge temp.:)

melanieabigail2004
04-11-2008, 04:32 PM
I was told by the food hygiene inspector that visited me that we have to keep a log of any hot food that we provide together with the temp of it. He recommended that I add a column to my fridge/freezer log book. Have attached so you can see:-

Mel

danast
04-11-2008, 05:42 PM
thanks for that:)
i do not provide lunches only snacks and drinks.
I may just keep log on what i give them from my house otherwise i would be writing all the time;)

buildingblocks
07-11-2008, 07:57 AM
sory for posting this here but something iwas thinking about hte other day and seeing as the chart that has just been shared reminded me to ask. Do we have to use the food probe on all cooked foods or just the ones we reheat - hope that makes sense

sarah707
07-11-2008, 08:14 AM
Good practice says you monitor food temps from shop to plate...

So you check food is the correct temp when you get it back from Tesco, you check the fridge and freezer is keeping it cold, you then probe cooked food to make sure it's hot enough...

If you do and record this, nobody can accuse you of poisoning a child as you clearly have systems in place.

Also make a note if anything goes wrong in the process :D