PDA

View Full Version : ending contracts

tomy12
02-11-2008, 09:51 AM
Hi all.
I have 2 children just in the school holiday one is over 5yrs and one under 5yrs.
I never have charged a retainer for the under 5 & due to cost of living the mum has given me 4 weeks notice.
I am with morton michel, does the 4 weeks notice have to be the weeks in which they are with me?
Or do i count 4 weeks from friday when she gave notice so in effect get no money for those weeks as they would not be with me as they will be back to school?
as i will not be open over the christmas period they will not be with me now unitll next february 2009.
Just want some advice before i write her a letter.
many thanks
claire

sarah707
02-11-2008, 04:01 PM
She is cleary not wanting to pay you any more money so she has given 4 weeks notice to make sure it's during term time and over before the Christmas holidays - or that is my take on what you've put anyway.

I don't know what it says in your contract but if you are wanting to charge for 2 weeks at Christmas, a week at half term and one of the easter weeks then I suggest you ring Morton Michel and check it's legal first

http://www.*****************/

tomy12
02-11-2008, 06:35 PM
hi sarah.
i did have written down that if notice was given during termtime then 4 weeks holiday pay would be due for the notice period .
as i thought that if she gave notice during school hols when they are with me that that the 4 weeks notice would have to be served the 4 weeks they are with me?
same as if it was the other way around.
what do you think?
claire

sarah707
02-11-2008, 06:43 PM
Honestly?

I think she's terminating because she doesn't want to give you any more money...

And I doubt she's read that bit of the contract.

I would still ring insurance for advice and if they say go for it, then you could invoice her.

Will it leave bad feeling though?? :(

tomy12
02-11-2008, 06:52 PM
hi sarah.

thanks for the reply's.
the mum said for me to find out how much she owe's and let her know.
I have never had to questions her motives before,allways been such very good parent just the kids were very challenging.

claire