PDA

View Full Version : help needed

cheeky.chimps
31-10-2008, 02:12 PM
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and just wondered if any of you could help me out? I completed my childminding course and passed, got my certificate through in September. Was planing on getting registered in November but circumstances have changed and I may need to put it on hold.

how long have i got to register before I have to do the whole course again?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Clare

Pauline
31-10-2008, 02:21 PM
Hi Clare

Can't really answer your question on the course time limit. But if you went ahead and registered in Nov you wouldn't necesserily have to start minding straight away, you could wait up to 3 years without having children before being removed from registration. Perhaps that would be a better option?

Minstrel
31-10-2008, 04:23 PM
I've asked the same question at ICP and was told that we had to apply to ofsted within 6 months. I think Ofsted will allow 1 year but check with your local authority as ours will charge the cost of the course they have paid for us to attend if we do not apply within the 6 months.

Better idea seems to be what Pauline has suggested or call your CIS/FIS to confirm their rules.

Good luck x

melanieabigail2004
31-10-2008, 04:32 PM
I would go ahead and register - Ofsted will give you time out as such. If you don't go ahead you will probably have to pay for the course. Anyway it takes a while for registration to go through and if you send the forms off in November you will be lucky to be registered by February.

Mel

cheeky.chimps
05-11-2008, 01:06 PM
thanks for getting back to me on that.

reason that i haven't registered is that I was planning on keeping my full time job until the end of this year and getting the changes done in the house that were needed (new carpet mainly as dog decided to chew it when she was a puppy) I was unfortunately made redundant in September and now cant afford to get the carpet done until i find another job. I assume I wont be able to get registered until this has been sorted though?

i will give the Early years department st the council a call and see what they suggest.

thanks again.

Clare

Marie
14-11-2008, 11:17 AM
I wentthrough allmy training etc and before Iregistered my ma came over from theuS and befor ethat I broke my foot so put my registration off for about 3 months
Marie

Tracey1
17-11-2008, 06:21 PM
Hiya it's 6mths, but if Ofsted ring, just explain that you have been trying to get kids, but non at the mo, I think they will possible give you another month or so.

Regards Tracey

kiddiwinks
17-11-2008, 06:42 PM
thanks for getting back to me on that.

reason that i haven't registered is that I was planning on keeping my full time job until the end of this year and getting the changes done in the house that were needed (new carpet mainly as dog decided to chew it when she was a puppy) I was unfortunately made redundant in September and now cant afford to get the carpet done until i find another job. I assume I wont be able to get registered until this has been sorted though?

i will give the Early years department st the council a call and see what they suggest.

thanks again.

Clare

Unless it is a safety issue they will register you. there not intrested on how tidy or you decoration is. I asked this question as our kitchen was terrible when we moved in we could not afford another straight away it was mis-matched tiles missing from where hubby moved unit and they still registered me and kitchen