PDA

View Full Version : Pre reg reciepts?

Peppa
29-10-2008, 08:22 PM
:blush: Hi I am wondering if I should be keeping all my reciept for doctors declaration, and everything i seem to need, like ink, paper, folders etc, or do i have to wait till im registered and buy things after that. May sound daft, but i'm hearing alsorts at the moment from lots of different people and getting lots of conflicting advice.

Thank you

Donna

sarah707
29-10-2008, 08:43 PM
Absolutely keep them!

You can put them against your income when you are registered.

How are you getting on with the registration process? :D

tulip0803
29-10-2008, 09:12 PM
HI

Any thing you buy or do for your childminding business can be put through your acounts. Save the receipts and put in a file/ envelope marked "start-up costs". I have just had to re-register as I moved from England to Wales (different governing bodies). I checked with tax man and they said put all through as "Start-up costs" of first day of minding (actually earning money not when you get the certificate:) )

Peppa
29-10-2008, 09:19 PM
Absolutely keep them!

You can put them against your income when you are registered.

How are you getting on with the registration process? :D

I have just had health declaration completed with doctor, DAY LIGHT ROBBERY! £87 I ask for a signature and a few ticks thats all! Anyhow, I i'm trying to book my 1st aid not till jan tho. I cant wait to be registered, but do worry as we dont get a grant here, we have to do 4 courses in first year to get 100 pound vouchers, they pay for icp and first aid thats all. Sorry sound ungrateful, i'm not honest its a big help, but just worried because i only seem to be hearing about all the paper work and bad side of things, its a lot of money to be paying out, if its not gonna work out.

sarah707
29-10-2008, 09:32 PM
January seems a long time to wait but with Christmas in the middle it'll be here before you know it!

Don't worry about the paperwork either... we're all here to help.

I know what you mean about the doctor... ridiculous what they charge :(