PDA

View Full Version : What Policies?

helenlc
27-10-2008, 09:49 PM
Help!!

Can someone please tell me the list of policies they have?

I recently went through mine and erased some and condensed others, but now I am confused as to what ones I need.

For example, I had gotten rid of my Lost Child Policy, but then read somewhere else that this was a requirement under EYFS.

I dont want your content, just a rough idea of what ones everyone has.

Thanks

miffy
27-10-2008, 09:56 PM
The Bromley site lists policies under the welfare requirement headings - that should give you a rough idea

Sorry I'm just too tired to type up a list

Miffy xx

Chatterbox Childcare
27-10-2008, 09:59 PM
Hi

These are the ones I have done but some were pre EYFS. I would say go through the Statutory Guidance book of the EYFS pack and see what is legal requirement and what is statutory requirement and decide what you need.

Hope this helps

A Safe Child

Abuse
Emergency Procedure
Fire Plan – including Record Form
Health and Safety
Independent Arrival
Missing Child
Premises
Safeguarding Children
Uncollected Child

A Healthy Child

Hygiene
Healthy Eating
Medicines
Pets
Sickness/Injury
Smoking

Enjoying and Achieving

How can I help your child to learn and develop?
Child Development & EYFS
Activity Plan – Daily
Activity Plan – Monthly
Observations
Special Needs
Outings
Toys and Equipment

Helping children make a positive contribution

Behaviour Management
Admissions
Complaint Procedure – including Action Log
Equal Opportunities

singlewiththree
28-10-2008, 07:08 AM
I've listed mine under the EYFS stat framework bu thave different titles are those the every child matters titles?

Great list BTW
Paula

sarah707
28-10-2008, 08:28 AM
Mine are listed under Every Child Matters...

It really doesn't matter how many or how they are filed... so long as they inform parents and Ofsted how you run your business and protect you, the children and their families from misunderstandings in the future.

MUST dos include - safeguarding, lost child, uncollected child, confidentiality, fees, health and safety...

miffy
28-10-2008, 08:32 AM
My must do's would include sickness too - only to make sure it's clear to parents when they must look after their own little darlings

Miffy xx

helenlc
28-10-2008, 05:01 PM
Thanks for those replies.

I had tweaked mine but what I should have done was go through the EYFS and looked at what I did and didnt need before discarding some and adding others.

I have not had any children for a couple of months and have a little boy starting the week after next, so he is my first one under EYFS. I just want to make sure that I have everything in place ready to go when he starts to implement the EYFS from the start.

Its the kids half term this week so have not managed to get much done so far. Have had my hoiday time twins today, so been doing ots of Halloween crafts. Might get on with bits when my two are back to school next week.