PDA

View Full Version : Book storage

tomthumb
27-10-2008, 01:43 PM
Hi,
Where do you put all your books? I have hundreds of them both in English and French and I just don't know where to put them anymore!! I have had to put some in clear boxes in my shed as I am running out of space. I have two bookcases full of them and then you keep on recommending books and I keep on buying them!!:eek: :eek: HELP!!

Elodie X

breezy
27-10-2008, 01:46 PM
Not much help really, but mine are in two bookcases downstairs, one bookcase upstairs( older kids books) and some in box in dd's room ( her favourites)

Minstrel
27-10-2008, 01:47 PM
Why not borrow from libraries or swop between friends so that you dont have to buy so many and find places to store them?

donnahay0
27-10-2008, 01:55 PM
Sorry can't help with storage problem.

On the subject of books I have just made a hanging book folder with 6 pockets which I can take down at the end of the day as it rolls up for storing.

I hang it off my conservatory window and it is brilliant if you want to display some books in particular - at the moment mine has hard board books at the bottom for the little ones and books on football and dinosaurs for the older ones.

miffy
27-10-2008, 02:12 PM
I bought a lovely bookcase from verbaudet.com but still haven't got round to sorting out my books.

Like everything else (toys, paperwork etc) I need to go through them and get rid of some

Miffy xx

singlewiththree
27-10-2008, 02:52 PM
I've gone down to one bookcase, gave all the other books away. Some of my daughters (mine) favourites are upstairs in their bedrooms but we now go to the library once a week and borrow and those get read more than mine on the shelf because they know they are going back but they can borrow them again. I do the same with DVD's now as well I'm with tesco dvd rental and borrow them as storage is a huge problem.
Paula

tulip0803
27-10-2008, 08:42 PM
I have bookcases all over the house and rotate books:D

Heaven Scent
27-10-2008, 09:55 PM
I rotate mine on a weekly basis over a 5 week cycle so 4/5ths are in plastic storage containers and 1/5 are on the shelves in the play room - but I can't stop buying books

tomthumb
28-10-2008, 07:36 AM
That's what I thought!! Either stop being them (but I can't as I am addicted) or have them everywhere! I think I might do like Celine and rotate.
I love your idea Donna with the hanging books, this is brill!! Thanks for sharing

Elodie X

Twinkles
28-10-2008, 07:40 AM
This is a problem for me too....just too many books , I can't resist them. I have two bookcases full a shelf in the toy store and some in boxes and still I buy :blush:

ageinghippy
02-06-2009, 07:59 PM
Hi,

I love the hanging books idea. Thanks for sharing it.
I have tried to sort through and get rid of some of my books but think "such a child loved this one, keep it" and so none ever go!!

Kate x

dreamondreamer
28-07-2009, 07:25 PM
Same problem here, I bought the arge Ikea Expedit 5x5 for the playroom and its great but the books are not really displayed as such so hard for smallies to see:rolleyes: