PDA

View Full Version : payment by job centre?

DCS
26-10-2008, 07:28 PM
hiya all,

I have a client coming to see me tomorrow who's on benefits and at college. The job centre (and possibly the college) would make the actual payment.

I've done a little research ad know i'd have to sign a document between the job centre and me.

would i be within my rights to make (ask!) the job centre to adhere to my policy on fees, late payment fee inparticular?

Do you know if i'd have to meet face to face with the clients new deal advisor?

any info would be greatly appriciated

cecile
x

devoncm
27-10-2008, 07:48 AM
Ive done this, i didnt meet with the advisor and it did take a couple weeks after the care ended ( was only for 2 weeks) before i got money, i didnt think to ask for it in advance or anything, i just knew at least i would get the money owed me plus the parent was a friend so was helping her out.

sorry not much help was i.

casey's mum
28-10-2008, 09:57 AM
After my recent experience with being paid like this, I am never touching with a barge pole again! Have been caring for lo for nearly 2 months and had first months money yesterday!
Good luck though! Make sure you put your foot down with them!

Angela x

LittleLamb
28-10-2008, 11:00 AM
I have also done this and it went well. They asked for an invoice and I added late charges and days that I didn't look after the kids because they were all ill. I was paid properly. They also contacted me when I was late sending an invoice in! I didn't sign anything with them only the mother and wrote the info on the contract.

I'm sure we have all had different experiences though! Make sure you get a contact name and number at job centre. Good Luck

DCS
28-10-2008, 09:57 PM
thank you ladies for your responses

cecile
x

angeldelight
29-10-2008, 10:43 AM
thank you ladies for your responses

cecile
x

How did it go?

Angel xx

Kelly
29-10-2008, 10:49 AM
one of my parents is at college and has her childcare paid for. I explained to her that I could not wait an extended amount of time for payment. In the end we agreed that shae would pay for the place and as soon as I got the payment through the college I refunded her the money she had already paid. THis is OK if your parent can afford to pay, maybe she has someone who can help her out if she knows she will get the money back.

Good luck

Kelly

DCS
09-11-2008, 01:05 AM
How did it go?

Angel xx

Oh, I decided not not take the client on as the job centre were unwilling to sign my payment terms.

Cecile
x