PDA

View Full Version : Help..need advice on outcome folder before i go MAD!!!

cathchad
25-10-2008, 02:20 PM
Hi,
I am in the process of reviewing all my paperwork..oh the joy!!!
I currently have a mish mash of folders etc...i started last weekend by going through everything and throwing away alot of things and basically trying to scale it all down into a more manageable and more understandable format...
I now have my policies/procedures in one file,i have done a portfolio file which has info about myself, family,setting etc,and includes all my certificates,car docs etc...what i would like to do is have file to cover the outcomes that i can just hand to the Ofsted inspecter, a fellow childminder in my area has recently been graded outstanding and from what she says it was her paperwork that shone through,i am ok once i get going,but seem to of come to a stand still and just ending up in a muddle again...i was graded Good at my last inspection 2 years ago,i hve recently had an extension bilt which will change my whole childminding set up..(for the better),but i haven't had Ofsted inspect it yet so im not using that part of the house for minding,but when they come they might just do my whole inspection whilst they are here..so i want to be the best i can..
Hope i haven't babbled too much and lost track of what i'm trying to say lol...

Twinkles
25-10-2008, 02:40 PM
Do you have to wait to use your new extention 'till ofsted have seen it then ?

Sorry no help with paperwork :rolleyes:

cathchad
25-10-2008, 02:49 PM
as far as i know, they have to come and check it out,my registration will change as i will be using different rooms as to what i am registered for at the moment.
C..X

Chatterbox Childcare
25-10-2008, 08:25 PM
I have 5 folders for paperwork

File 1 is for references and artwork/postcards/letters from the children and parents

File 2 is Risk Assessments

File 3 is Policies and Procedures/terms of business/confidentiality etc

File 4 is all about me with an introduction, copy of certificate of reg/insurance/level 3 etc/crb checks and details of assistant and at the back working forward all my certificates of other courses attended

File 5 and the one I think you are referring to is EYFS Learning and Development by Planning, Observation and Assessment. This holds My introduction of myself, A rough guide of what I will do under the EYFS (got mainly from the EYFS book at the beginning), the areas and stages of development (listing all six from the EYFS book with the components), examples of how each aspect is covered through routines and planned activities (listed toys and activities), my 2 year plan divided into 2 x 1 year, 2 examples of my proposed monthly plan split into weeks/days, my weekly routine, my obs and assess sheet, poem about Just Playing provided on my EYFS course, my own document on "How can I help you child to learn and develop" and It's child's play

These documents I have built up over the years from courses and have adapted to fit the EYFS. Go back through yours and I am sure you will have similar documents in you repetoire.

Anything I can help with, call out

Hope that is what you wanted

kindredspirits
25-10-2008, 08:41 PM
wasn't my question - but that Debbie, that is really helpful, when I finally start reading my EYFS book this week I will have it all in mind!!! ;)

anna x

Chatterbox Childcare
25-10-2008, 08:44 PM
wasn't my question - but that Debbie, that is really helpful, when I finally start reading my EYFS book this week I will have it all in mind!!! ;)

anna x

Are you Kindredspirits and cathchad aswell? I went back to find the original question - help!

sarah707
26-10-2008, 07:21 AM
I have folders for ...

My portfolio - in the Every Child Matters agenda

Menus and recipes - to share with parents

Personal development - my Sef and other bits and bobs

Risk assessments

Eyfs - the pack, which I separated and hole punched and any work I do on it

My planning - Jan to Dec plus lots of other ideas

PSR&N - a folder full of number ideas

Daily Diary - mine, which contains my daily safety checks, planning, ongoing stuff and notes of where we've been each day

Accounts - which I must update later

Obs and planning - a daily reference file of what I am doing for each child

Hth :D

Tatia
26-10-2008, 10:32 AM
Are you Kindredspirits and cathchad aswell? I went back to find the original question - help!

Deb, I think she is saying that even though she didn't originally ask the question, that your answer was helpful to her anyway. :) I was confused for a moment, too.:jump for joy:

Chatterbox Childcare
26-10-2008, 10:38 AM
Thank you - it was late when I read it

Tatia
26-10-2008, 10:42 AM
I have a ring binder for parents with dividers. It contains attendance sheets, policies and procedures, visitor's log, risk assessments (as I feel they should be able to see them anytime they want - not that they bother), fire safety and drill log, compliments and complaints. One book, very handy, contains everything a parent is entitled to see and sits on hall table. Debating on whether or not to put my SEF in there.

Then I have a binder (divided) that contains every child's contracts, record forms and permission slips.

A planning binder

Binder for each child covered by EYFS to use as learning journal

Accident/incident log

A training portfolio for certificates

An A5 divided spiral notebook that I use as my self-reflective diary in which I make tons of notes for future planning, training, websites, everything, really.

happytotschildminding
26-10-2008, 10:53 AM
sorry - no help on the outcome folder (I'm struggling myself) but on your extension. We had extension built but I don't use it for childminding - its our toy-free area where we escape to on a night and chill out and its bliss! :laughing:
Carol

Chatterbox Childcare
26-10-2008, 11:03 AM
Asda have some great display folders at £1.50 each and they have 40 double sided clear sleeves inside. They are great for displaying static information such as policies/risk assessments/qualifications

cathchad
27-10-2008, 10:25 AM
Thankyou so much for all your great advice...i have currently been using a folder which has seperate sections which cover the outcomes,but this system didnt seem to be working.....i am still on with my total revamp of paperwork..i have used soooo much in and my laminater nearly burnt out lol....i could do with creating a list of some sort that i could give to the inspector that would explain how i covered the standards n outcomes...if that makes sense...there are some very clever childminders on this forum...im not scared to admit...im struggling..,.:jump for joy:

brillminder
27-10-2008, 05:31 PM
must do my docs too :0)