PDA

View Full Version : Help and ideas needed

Straws
24-10-2008, 03:15 PM
Hello all,

I was hoping you ladies could give me some help and ideas,I will be applying for the capital grant available in my area, I will need to link my plans with EYFS and how it will benifit the children in my care.

I have thought about a conversion for a dedicated playroom with downstairs loo and low level wash basin. How can I link my idea to EYFS for example when I spoke to the funding department about a downstairs loo they said just because it would make my life easier so I wouldnt have to take children upstairs to the loo I will need to jusitfy it and link it to EYFS so it benifits childrens, any ideas and suggestions how to prepare for my application for a playroom would be appreciated:)

Straws xx

madasahatter
24-10-2008, 05:06 PM
I would look at the personal, social and emotional development part of the EYFS as there is a section on self care. Also toilet training and hygiene can be found in the health and bodily awareness part of Physical development.

Chatterbox Childcare
24-10-2008, 05:09 PM
I think you have a lot of disabled children who struggle to get upstairs and there are the ones with ADHD who cannot be left alone downstairs unsupervised!

Seriously - just think how it would benefit the children and then look at your policies and the EYFS categories. It will all become clear - sometimes the mud is very thick though!

Good luck