PDA

View Full Version : EYFS standards

mum2two
18-01-2008, 10:16 AM
This site is sooooo good!! It's actually making me get my bum into gear and start trying to make some sense of the EYFS.

Just dug out my folder, (which I got about 2 months ago and 'filed'... :blush: ), and just a quick question.

When Ofsted some to do the inspections we get graded on the 5 areas, and have to follow the national standards. Well, the wording in this EYFS book says 'setting the standards'. Then at the end of the book, it got about the national standards.

Does this mean ofsted will be assesing us on national standards still, or on the EYFS standards from Sept? Or actually, I guess they should incorporate each other really...?

When do you lot actually get time to do planning, observations etc, on top of your home life...? :eek: :eek:

Kelly x

bubbly
18-01-2008, 10:38 AM
When do you lot actually get time to do planning, observations etc, on top of your home life...? :eek: :eek:
What's a home life? :D :ROFL1:

wellybelly
18-01-2008, 10:53 AM
I spoke to my development officer about this last week, and she said its national standards till 31st August 2008.

sarah707
18-01-2008, 11:15 AM

YUP! I'm there :laughing:

Once EYFS kicks in Sept 2008 (or earlier if you've been recently done by Ofsted!) then we'll all be inspected on the new standards....

These still link with the Every Child Matters agenda which are the 5 areas healthy child, safe child, enjoy and achieve, positive thingy and organisation - if you look at the bottom of the 'Principles into Practice' cards, you can see the links :D

Rubybubbles
21-01-2008, 01:46 PM

:thumbsup: