PDA

View Full Version : Application to Ofsted about to go off..but...

Bex1
20-10-2008, 01:11 PM
Hello, I am new to this forum so hello and please help me :o

I am about to send off my application to Ofsted for my pre-reg inspection. I have a one year old already so my house is childproof, stairgates etc. Altho I am trying to find table corner protectors that my daughter cannot pull off :rolleyes:

I have prepared my fire evactuation poster, plan of house etc. I have first aid kit, fire blanket and my toys have been put into boxes such as puzzles, animals, role play, construction, books, music basket and I have lots of arts and crafts book and I have made a song sack. I have purchased cups, cutlery and plates for kiddies and wonder if there is anything I have missed.

I am worried sick about my inspection as am trying to get my head around eyfs as worried I will tested on this and wont know the answer.

What can I expect from an inspection...I spoke to one lady the other day who was tested on eyfs for nearly 2 hours :eek:

Thanks for listening
Bex

cherry
20-10-2008, 04:43 PM
Hi Bex,

Sorry I can't really help but didn't like to read and run.

Why don't you have a look round the forum, I'm sure you'll find a lot of info.

Pipsqueak
20-10-2008, 04:58 PM
First of all stop stressing it sounds like you are making all the right moves towards becoming a good childminder.
Second you won't be "tested" per se.

You will get an inital pre-reg where the inspector will look around your home and your documentation (this doesn't mean you need all your policies etc in place) - just a good sound working knowledge of what you need to do and will be doing.

Start reading your EYFS pack (or get on ordered) and start doing a little "light" reading occasionally - it will sink in eventually and no one expects anyone to be word perfect on it at first.

6 months down the line you can expect a full inspection - this is where you will be showing how you work within the EYFS framework - risk assessments in place, obs and links to EYFS for children in your care, p&p's up and running, on going training and development etc.

mum2two
20-10-2008, 04:59 PM
Once you've sent off you application, you'll have an ofsted inspector come & do an pre registration visit.

This is just to check you're home, and you, and verify bits in order to run a CRB check.

They are there to help you on this visit, not to bombard you with questions. They may ask you questions, on how you plan on doing some things - or what would you do it...? But really they are common sense questions.

They are not there to catch you out. They will inform you if anything needs to be in place, safety wise, before you begin minding, if you've overlooked something, but they do not expect you to have it all in place at that point. As long as you can say, 'I'll get corner protectors for my table', that will be fine.

Once it's over, you'll wonder what you were so worried about! :thumbsup:

Kelly x