PDA

View Full Version : recording daily activities

Mrs.L.C
20-10-2008, 09:53 AM
Ok we have have our daily plans and diary to go home each day and a learning journey but does anyone record what they have done today incl spontaneous activities and if so where do you record it (apart from what goes in the childs diary)?

sarah707
20-10-2008, 10:25 AM
I have a bit on my planning for recording child's interests each day ...

I just make brief notes if something stands out or the child says something notable.

This way I can make sure toys which interest the child are set out the next day :D

Andrea08
20-10-2008, 10:30 AM
its all about recording when a child breaths?

i seem to repeat my self in different books , obs sheets etc

so now if something stands out ill put in file as an observation, and quick pic in our scrap book, and note in childs diary but i'm still repeating myself!

Mrs.L.C
20-10-2008, 11:18 AM
Its getting the balance right isnt it. I really wish I could go and see what others are doing but all the childminders I speak to round here either dont want to do it or dont know how to do it so none of them have anything I can look at and I like things to be just so :laughing:

clareg
22-10-2008, 10:13 PM
I tend to note down what the child has enjoyed the most that day in their daily diary.....just to give me and the parent an idea of what has interested the child that day.

watgem
31-10-2008, 06:04 PM
I have my own diary which I record anything significant/funny etc in & I often put photos to remind me if I'm short on time and I write it/put photos in child's diary and also in their obs. book which I transfer into their folder when I've got time! I think I need a simpler system lol!:)