PDA

View Full Version : Diwali, Halloween etc

shelly04
18-10-2008, 01:33 PM
Afternoon Everyone,

I need some advice on celebrating certain days. What do alot of you plan for the month of November, apart from Halloween. Would anyone be able to let me see a copy of what they celebrate each year.

Thanks
Shelly xx:)

DudleyChildmind
18-10-2008, 01:49 PM
We are celebrating...

Diwali
Halloween
Road Safety Week
Remembrance Day
Christmas

I have recently recieved my display boards so I'm looking forward to doing these themes with the children :)

shelly04
18-10-2008, 01:59 PM
Hi,

I am new to all this and have different age groups, 1,2, 7 and 9 year old, what display boards are you talking about and what kind of things do you do with them ?

Shelly xx

Angela234
18-10-2008, 02:32 PM
Activity village has some nice ideas and colouring pages for diwali.

I'm not doing halloween as i have a week off half term.

i will be doing fireworks night

Also road safety week

Then into christmas

miffy
18-10-2008, 05:32 PM
If you look on this website it will give you ideas for every month of the year

www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/customs/calendars/index.htm

HTH

Miffy xx

Pudding Girl
18-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Hallowe'en - made pumpkins already from paperplates painted with lentil textured paint and black felt eyes and mouth - going to make witches and fly them on lolly stick broomsticks, collecting twigs for them - think that's about it for that

Diwali I am really looking forward to! We are going to dress up, have indian snacks ( got to check if bombay mix has peanuts or aything like that in) mini poppadums and raita dips, indian sweets if it's easy!), drink lassi, read the story of Rama and Sita, make rangoli patterns in chalk on the front steps, maybe make the tealight holders - not sure on that one and anything else I can think of ( nick!!)

Bonfire night - making fireworks piccies, print some safety stuff out, make a guy

Christmas - far too much to list!! but am saving baby food jars to make snowstorms with

Pudding Girl
18-10-2008, 07:52 PM
Oh how can I forget about this one?!

St. Andrews Day!!! 30th november, we'll be eating oatcakes for snacktime, trying out haggis too and making saltire cookies! Will try to get hold of some kiddy sized kilts too for dressing up.