PDA

View Full Version : Double Buggy?

Little Pumpkins
17-01-2008, 03:59 PM
Hiya

A lovely lady has given me a mint condition 3 wheeler double buggy. Which I am very thankful for

the only thing is it takes up my entire boot (only goes in after I take the wheels off) and I believe I may have problems lifting it in and out and building it.

Are there any smaller double buggy's out there?

I really don't mean to sound ungrateful

sarah707
17-01-2008, 06:14 PM
I had a maclaren side by side for years and years... it was lightweight, fitted in my car (I had a fiesta at the time), had swivel wheels and lie back. I wonder if they still sell them? :D

lindylou
17-01-2008, 07:04 PM
Argos do quite cheap double buggys that lie back for small babies and fold up fairly compact
Lindaxx

berkschick
17-01-2008, 07:15 PM
Its a shame you dont live nearer, I would swop with you!

I have the mothercare own make umbrella folding one. Its ok but I am looking for something bigger as I do a lot of walking.

chubbymummy
18-01-2008, 01:19 PM
i got mine from argos last year it's light weight, lies back, swivel wheels and not too expensive

SARAHW26
18-01-2008, 01:51 PM
i got one from ebay, brand new side by side and only cost £50.00, thought this was a bargin

Sarah

katickles
18-01-2008, 02:04 PM
Hi i have a chicco double side by side. Really good buggy i think as its easy to fold & fold smaller than my baby daughters pram which is a 3 wheeler!!

Think they are available form Argos but why not check out ebay?:jump for joy:

Kelly
20-01-2008, 04:01 PM
After trying out loads of different double buggy's with and without buggy boards, I came across the WE2 Combi, it is great ultra lightweight (8.2Kgs) it folds in half and then in half again to fit in your boot, it is light enough to pick up with one hand or will stand alone and does not fall over.

It cost quite alot but with 3 little ones I use the pushchair and either a buggy board or a swiss bibi and it doesn't break the back !!!!!

Kelly

LittleMissSparkles
20-01-2008, 09:45 PM
what make is that Kelly ? How much did it cost ?

xxx

manjay
20-01-2008, 10:58 PM
what make is that Kelly ? How much did it cost ?

xxx

It is called a WE2 combi! I have just been looking at them on ebay as I have received my grant now so need to get one myself. It looks quite good and not that expensive compared to others. I have no idea what to get

amanda xx

LittleMissSparkles
20-01-2008, 10:59 PM
It is called a WE2 combi! I have just been looking at them on ebay as I have received my grant now so need to get one myself. It looks quite good and not that expensive compared to others. I have no idea what to get

amanda xx

LOL that why Caroline beat me at scrabble.... im a bit dense !!!

oakie dokie
21-01-2008, 06:24 AM
i swear by my phil and teds, expensive but good investment for your business, you will only ever need the one buggy. and folds easily and compact.

hazelx

manjay
21-01-2008, 08:07 AM
i swear by my phil and teds, expensive but good investment for your business, you will only ever need the one buggy. and folds easily and compact.

hazelx

How does the child at the back see where they are going?

amanda xx

oakie dokie
21-01-2008, 08:21 AM
they cannot see where they are going but they see very well to the side of them and iv never had any complaints, when thinking of a buggy you have to way up the + and- of all and i needed one that would fit in the boot of my zafira whilst all my 7 seats are up and this is the only one that does, and i only ever need 0ne buggy not a double and a single, and they hold there value so if i ever need to sell it i will get some of my money back.

hazelx

LittleMissSparkles
21-01-2008, 10:25 AM
they cannot see where they are going but they see very well to the side of them and iv never had any complaints, when thinking of a buggy you have to way up the + and- of all and i needed one that would fit in the boot of my zafira whilst all my 7 seats are up and this is the only one that does, and i only ever need 0ne buggy not a double and a single, and they hold there value so if i ever need to sell it i will get some of my money back.

hazelx

I dont know if I could justify spending that much though they are about £500 arent they new x

MissTinkerbell
21-01-2008, 10:37 AM
My Phil and Teds cost £360. Try Kiddicare as they very ofen have offers on the doublepack. We got the buggy, the double sport pack, the raincover and a free trae cot all for £360. I swear by it and its the best buy ever. Very sturdy too.

Melanie

LittleMissSparkles
21-01-2008, 10:44 AM
My Phil and Teds cost £360. Try Kiddicare as they very ofen have offers on the doublepack. We got the buggy, the double sport pack, the raincover and a free trae cot all for £360. I swear by it and its the best buy ever. Very sturdy too.

Melanie

will have a look thanks Melanie :)

Kelly
21-01-2008, 01:19 PM
I paid about £70.00 for my WE2 Combi on Ebay, they are £260 in Mothercare, I went in with my kids and tried it in the shop!! if you look carefully on Ebay they are sometimes listed as just combi not WE2 or WE 2 these can sometimes have less bids on. If I were you I would take the kids into mothercare or somewhere and try all the pushcahairs, they let you try them in your car and everything, then say you will go and think about it and look on EBAY!!!!

Happy Shopping

manjay
21-01-2008, 02:14 PM
Well have tried them all out in Mothercare this morning and still can't decide. I am used to a really sturdy chicco three wheeler so the WE2 feels too flimsy for me. Everything else my son seemed squashed in. I am however coming round to the idea of Phil & Teds! My son loved it. It was light and it would fit in my car even with all 7 seats up! It also looks strong enough to tackle the mounds of snow we usually have. Just need to persuade hubby now and then find one for the best price.

amanda xx

Rubybubbles
22-01-2008, 11:17 AM

Melanie

I love my phil & teds I got mine from Kiddicare too!! The warehouse is just up the road, it's like pushchair heaven in there:p I love it

Kelly
23-01-2008, 07:15 PM
Amanda,
I have to say when I first tried the WE2 I thought it felt a bit flimsy, but after speaking to a few people who use them I thought it was worth a try. I do a 2 mile round trip twice a day to school with a buggy board or bibi swiss attached, it goes though a standard front door without putting it down (a god send in the rain or if one of the little ones goes to sleep!)

Just wanted to let you know that it seems to be withstanding alot of use. By my mindees that use it are 16mths 25mths and 28mths so i'm not using it for very little ones.

Good luck on the continuing hunt

manjay
23-01-2008, 07:52 PM
Amanda,
I have to say when I first tried the WE2 I thought it felt a bit flimsy, but after speaking to a few people who use them I thought it was worth a try. I do a 2 mile round trip twice a day to school with a buggy board or bibi swiss attached, it goes though a standard front door without putting it down (a god send in the rain or if one of the little ones goes to sleep!)

Just wanted to let you know that it seems to be withstanding alot of use. By my mindees that use it are 16mths 25mths and 28mths so i'm not using it for very little ones.

Good luck on the continuing hunt

Thanks for that. I am still very undecided. The new baby I am taking on is 6 months so need something suitable for him but my son (20 mths) has been walking on the school run this week. It does take us a bit longer but he seems fine so I might be able to get away with my single and a buggy board for when he gets tired.

amanda xx

jmoff
23-01-2008, 09:42 PM
I have a Nipper Out n About.I quite like it its quite lightweight and easy to push.takes up a lot of room though.

Good luck I couldnt decide for ages!

Jana x