PDA

View Full Version : Had my Ofsted inspection today.

welshgirl
17-10-2008, 06:59 PM
I had the call on Monday to say that Ofsted were coming today. I am by nature always worried about something, so I have not been looking forward to today! Before the mindee arrived I was sick three times and shaking!!!! But having the mindee really calmed me down. The Ofsted lady arrived at 9.30 and left at 12.40. I showed her around, and pointed her to the large pile of paperwork on my kitchen table! She brought it through to the sitting room and watched us play, and sifted through the mountain of files I had given her. We did some books with actions, a colouring activity, play doh, had snack, changed nappies, played with little people, put them down for nap, woke up, had lunch. The inspector asked a few questions, but said she really did not need to ask many as I had answered everything in my sef. She said she was really impressed and that I should be very proud of what I had done here and the relationship I had with the mindee. She did not really say anything specific that she liked, she was impressed that I had been arranging a childminder/preschool coffee morning to pass on information etc with the manager of our local pre school (even though I do not have a child attending there!!) To be honest it would of been nice to of been told this is good or that is good. But anyway, I got an overall good. She said that she wished she had a very good she could give me and that I was well on my way to getting an outstanding, and her report would reflect this. My only recommendations were to have more training in disabilities (I put this in my sef) to increase my dual language resources and knowledge!! Not sure about this one, I am a Welsh speaker and I mentioned this to her when she said this, so I am not sure if she may remove this from her recommendations. The other thing was provide parents with more information of planned activities, she suggested via a news letter (I also put this in my sef) She said the report had to be quality checked as the eyfs is still new to them and that I should get a copy in two weeks.

I am soooooo glad it is all over!!! Thank you to everyone on here, I have picked up so many helpful tips and ideas. Don't think I could of done it without you. :thumbsup:

Pudding Girl
17-10-2008, 07:06 PM
Well done!! :clapping: Have some dips, doritos, wine and choccies with me, I had mine today too

angeldelight
17-10-2008, 07:22 PM
A very well done to you

Thank you for the brilliant feedback

you can relax now

Congratulations

Angel xx

crazybones
17-10-2008, 07:25 PM
Congratulations :clapping: :clapping:

jmoff
17-10-2008, 08:07 PM