PDA

View Full Version : dont know where to start

val
16-10-2008, 08:29 AM
hi everyone

i just seem to be going round in circles dont know where i should stats first
i just keep going from one thing to another
should i do my bussness plan, policys and procdures, list of things to get ready at home im reading through my eyfs and waiting for app form from ofstead i just want to be ready for everthing but keep getting lost

thanks for any help and advice

i am getting dizzy chasing my tail

so many people telling me different things

sarah707
16-10-2008, 08:43 AM
Start at the beginning with a business plan... you can't start your business without one...

Then, look at the Eyfs and see what it tells you to do next...

You should get lots of guidance from your course and your Ofsted inspector as well :D

Pedagog
16-10-2008, 09:07 AM
Ekkk! I haven't got a business plan. How did I forget that?

deeb66
16-10-2008, 10:04 AM
As Sarah says.....start at the beginning.

If you keep flitting around and trying to do everything at once you will end up confusing yourself and getting into a right state.

Minnie mouse
16-10-2008, 10:07 AM
Sorry to have a blonde moment but whats a buisness plan? lol

deeb66
16-10-2008, 10:17 AM
Sorry to have a blonde moment but whats a buisness plan? lol

What your aims are, what you want to do.

I write a business plan every year - I identify what my weaknesses are and what training I would want to achieve in that year to improve my practice.

What resources I would particulary like to get (mainly listing bigger/more costly items).

I also list time frames for review of policies/procedures, giving out parent questionnaires etc etc.

There is no set proforma.......it really is an individual thing.

HTH

Minnie mouse
16-10-2008, 03:16 PM
Thankyou, now i must ask the dreaded question,............... Should i have one?:panic:

deeb66
16-10-2008, 05:13 PM
Thankyou, now i must ask the dreaded question,............... Should i have one?:panic:

The Ofsted Inspector was impressed with mine (January this year)........

It is not compulsory but I do think it a good idea to have one.

Minnie mouse
16-10-2008, 05:23 PM
Is there anywhere i can view a buisness plan. obviously mine would be different to another minders but just to get an idea of layout and information to include etc. :)