PDA

View Full Version : NCMA membership - is it worth it?

gigglinggoblin
15-10-2008, 05:24 PM
got to decide between NMCMA and Morton Michel for insurance. I believe they both do a start up pack with policies and such like but then if you carry on with NCMA you have to pay yearly subs on top of insurance. At pre reg talk we were told there is opportunity to do NVQ and foundation degree but I cant remember if this was only with NCMA. Any ideas anyone? If someone would just tell me what to do I would be grateful, I hate making decisions!

cloud9
13-11-2008, 05:01 PM
I didnt like to read and run but im not sure about the NVQ with them i haven;'t heard of that. i am with NCMA and have been for 3 years now, this is an extra cost so i think altogether its about £70 a year for membership and insurance. To be honest though i am wondering if it is worth having the membership, you can buy there paperwork and forms cheaply on ebay (they sell it dearer to non members) and i found them useless when you ask them to help with recovering outstanding debts from parents.
Im not sure about mm package though but many of the forum members have it and im sure they can advise you.

Andrea08
13-11-2008, 05:42 PM
im with ncma membership and insurance, we get the who minds mag every quarter with loads of good stuff to read,

if you in a network you should get ncma account book , register, childrecord forms etc fOR FREE,

Hope that helps?

Trouble
13-11-2008, 05:55 PM
im with ncma membership and insurance, we get the who minds mag every quarter with loads of good stuff to read,

if you in a network you should get ncma account book , register, childrecord forms etc fOR FREE,we dont get anything free here:angry: :angry: :angry:

Hope that helps?

we dont:panic: :panic: :panic:

LOOPYLISA
13-11-2008, 06:13 PM
Im with ncma only because it was free as part of our start up grant :thumbsup:

melanieabigail2004
13-11-2008, 06:39 PM
I went with NCMA with my start up grant back in 05 but have sinced moved to MM as I couldn't afford the NCMA membership and really didn't see what I get for they money. With MM you can also use any contracts not just theirs like NCMA.

Mel

Chatterbox Childcare
13-11-2008, 08:22 PM
I have been with NCMA and MM but MM insurance is just not as good as NCMA when it comes to older children.

If I were starting I would go with NCMA, especially if the start up grant is paying, as they give you not only insurance but all the documentation and the tax records and information are invaluable.

If you decide after a year that you are okay on your own then look at MM.

Debster
14-11-2008, 05:29 PM
got to decide between NMCMA and Morton Michel for insurance. I believe they both do a start up pack with policies and such like but then if you carry on with NCMA you have to pay yearly subs on top of insurance. At pre reg talk we were told there is opportunity to do NVQ and foundation degree but I cant remember if this was only with NCMA. Any ideas anyone? If someone would just tell me what to do I would be grateful, I hate making decisions!

A friend of mine is doing a NVQ level 3 from home whilst childminding and its fully funded Iam not sure whom by but a lady just rang her up and offered it to her, she checked it was genuine first and it was so she went for it we are in Staffordshire I will find out who funds it

carolinel
14-11-2008, 05:36 PM
after being with ncma for 2 years I have now switched to mm.

I couldn't see any benefit from being with ncma but could with mm - the saving of £25!!!!

I do like the ncma paperwork but shall buy this from ebay.

kiddiwinks
14-11-2008, 06:52 PM
I was with ncma for 7 years and have just switched to mm before i even finished year with ncma as not covered for using my own paperwork found that out here then i questioned it.