PDA

View Full Version : How long did NCMA Insurance Cert / Toolkit take to come?

flis21
13-10-2008, 07:35 PM
Hi All,

I put in for my grant 2 weeks ago now and received a letter 10 days ago confirming that I had received my grant, so assume they had sent off my registration form to NCMA. I am still waiting on my insurance cert and toolkit, how long did yours take to arrive? Can I start advertising / talking to parents before it arrives?

Thanks,
Felicity

tulip0803
13-10-2008, 08:26 PM
Hi All,

I put in for my grant 2 weeks ago now and received a letter 10 days ago confirming that I had received my grant, so assume they had sent off my registration form to NCMA. I am still waiting on my insurance cert and toolkit, how long did yours take to arrive? Can I start advertising / talking to parents before it arrives?

Thanks,
Felicity

Hi I had mine 3 weeks after sending the form for the grant to my Children's Partnership, this was last month:) . So hopefully yours will appear any day now - It came by parcel Post as it was in the childminder's toolkit:thumbsup: .

Yes to advertising & talking to parents - You know you are registered and it is purely the insurance you are waiting for. If you get an emergency placement you can phone the NCMA and check what is happening but it caould take a little time to get established it depends on local demand.

Good luck

caralynd
16-10-2008, 02:42 PM
Hi:) My forms got to the cis on 18th sept and i recieved my toolkit yesterday!!! That was after numerous phonecalls!!! But i did get a cover note for my insurance within days. There was a note in the toolkit to say that the accident/incident/medication book would follow as it was being updated so i still dont have that but it may explain the delay?

Hope yours comes soon:D

Ebs71
22-10-2008, 10:50 AM
must be different for different areas because i got my start up grant last friday, and i had to get my insurance and ncma membership myself....... still waiting for it to arrive to be honest. Only thing that has come so far is training manual but thats from Early Years isn't it

Sorry not much help